Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Twin Cities, MN

Welcome to the Twin Cities User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

TCAUG Recap | July 2019

tessaenns
9 - Comet

On July 24, the Twin Cities Alteryx User Group gang rounded up in a cozy conference room provided by  D A T A   D R I V E  to discuss all things Alteryx (and a little Tableau) before heading over to a nearby saloon to wet our whistles! We had a honkin' tonkin' good time! ( 😉 Nashville, TN really rubbed off on me!)

What did we discuss at this Twin Cities Alteryx roundup? Well, glad you asked!

First, we heard from Luke Komiskey, founder of  D A T A   D R I V E, on how he helped a client locate business opportunities with Alteryx Geospatial tools. Thanks to Luke's efforts this client went from plotting pins on a physical map and doing guess work to clicking play on an Alteryx workflow and interacting with a Tableau visual! Some of the tools in his workflow included...

*Street Geocoder
*Spatial Object
*Reverse Geocoder Tool (requires separate install and uses lat & long to find closest addresses)
*Find Nearest
*Find Closest

DataDrive.jpg

Next, we heard from Aidan Bramel (@AidanBramel), one of our newest Alteryx User Group Leaders, about her experience at Nashville Inspire. Her highlight reel included favorite sessions, keynote events, and 2019.2 Alteryx updates, such as...

Designer

*Interactive search, filter, & sort in the data preview (results) bar

*Consolidated data source connection

*Updated maps

*Not 2019.2, but noteworthy input to output tool and vice versa conversations coming in the future

Server

*Balanced Workloads

Assisted Modeling

*creates models for you!

TCAUG.jpg

Woofta! We learned a lot! And last (but not least) we had special guest appearance from the one, the only, Mark Frisch ( @MarqueeCrew )! His gems of wisdom included a plug on how to use the Street Geocoder without purchasing TomTom data and a community plug on the Interactive Geospatial Training.

mark boots.jpg

Big thanks to our speakers for delivering such wonderful content, D A T A   D R I V E for hosting, and our Twin Cities community!

-Your Twin Cities Alteryx UG Leaders 

1 REPLY 1
AidanBramel
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for the recap Tessa!!

We talked a bit about the extra training presentations at the first few days at Inspire, and you should be able to get all of the training content through the links below:

Workflows and data: click here

Presentations: click here

Let me know if you have any issues with these links and I'll try to find another way to get them to ya. 

Labels