Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Transportation + Logistics

New Member of Transportation User Group Leadership Team

jmt214
8 - Asteroid

Hello fellow Alteryx users! I have joined Isaac and William on the leadership team for the Transportation Industry User Group and wanted to write a quick message to introduce myself. 

My name is John Thompson and I live in Minneapolis, MN, USA where I work as a Senior Transportation Analyst at Cargill. I also have a solo side business called Corvid Analytics helping small and medium sized businesses get a handle on their data. If you were on the 2018 Q3 Transportation User Group you might have seen my presentation on how I use Alteryx to help estimate truck costs using spatial tools. (Link to the recap for that meeting HERE)

I've been using Alteryx for about 2 years and it has become the backbone of my analytic efforts saving me time and enhancing what I can do to create value for Cargill. Outside of work, I spend my time volunteering as a streetcar operator at the Minnesota Streetcar Museum and hanging out with my dog Finn

I'm looking forward to our 2019 Q1 meeting on March 27, 2019, and working with all of you to find new ways to use Alteryx in the Transportation industry!

3 REPLIES 3
williamchan
10 - Fireball

First off, on behalf of the entire Transportation UG, a massive thank you to @HeatherMHarris, for leading, kick-starting our group, and sharing your expertise. We are sad to see you leave us, but know that you are making an impact elsewhere in the Alteryx world!

WELCOME John - @jmt214 ! Extremely excited to be working with you! I know you have a wealth of knowledge that we will all benefit from. We're all looking forward to the next meeting.

William Chan | @WilliamChan | LinkedIn

Alteryx Transportation and Montreal User Group Co-Leader

Business Analyst, Distribution and Payments | Air Canada

alteryx-sig.JPG

MaddieJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Woo, go John! So excited to see what you, @williamchan, and @otto come up with for this awesome group!

P.S., I can personally attest to the joy that John's pup, Finn, brings to my Instagram feed. Highly recommend :)

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Welcome @jmt214 !! And seriously, everyone should give Finn a follow! :)