Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Toronto, ON

Welcome to the Toronto User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Welcome to the Toronto User Group! Come Say Hi!

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello, User Group Members! Please take a moment by answering the questions below to introduce yourself to the Toronto User Group Community. Once again welcome!

1. What’s your name and what industry do you hail from?
  2. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
  3. What Alteryx Tool represents you the most?

27 REPLIES 27
wrouter
5 - Atom

Hello my name is Piyush Routray, and I work as Big Data platform administrator. My work involves Hadoop, AWS, Snowflake, Databricks and recently, Alteryx.

pankajk
10 - Fireball

Hi Piyush,

Welcome to the Alteryx Toronto Community hub and nice to e-meet you. I am Pankaj Kotak, one of the leaders for the Toronto Alteryx User Group.

Generally, this would be the time for Analyticon (aka Insipire) and we would have had our Q2 meet already...... but happy to connect with you offline and chat more about what you do and how we can support you on the Alteryx.

Pls send me a private message and we can exchange contacts.

Welcome again and stay safe.

Pankaj

Rohit_G13
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is safe and doing well during these challenging times. Quick introduction, I am a business/data analyst who has moved to Toronto a couple of months back. I am excited to be here and to jump into this new chapter.

Looking forward to meeting the group and to connect with you all! Have an amazing week ahead!

Thanks

Rohit Govind

MarieC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

My name is Marie-Claire and I work at Alteryx as French Language Instructional Designer.

Since I'm located in TO, I thought I could join the Group.

I don't remember the last movie I have seen in a theater but I will probably go to see the new version of Dune when it's out.

Have a great day!

pankajk
10 - Fireball

Hi Marie-Claire,

This is awesome and we would love to have you attend this virtual session. Stay tuned for more details soon.

Hopefully we can get together in person for a year-end part or even celebrate new year sometime Jan with all the Alteryx users here in Toronto.

Also would look forward to any contributions from your perspective in future meetings as a presenter 🙂

Personally I would love to know more the work you are doing from a French language perspective with Alteryx.

Pankaj

Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

Hi there, I'm Maureen and I'm an independent data consultant specializing in Alteryx enablement.  I worked for Alteryx for 14 years in mostly technical, customer-facing roles and then started out on my own as a consultant and Alteryx partner in 2018.  I've moved back to Toronto (where I grew up) after having lived in California for 17 years (moved down to work at Alteryx). 

The most recent movie I've seen is called The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind and I highly recommend it.  Amazing story and a reminder of how darn easy my North American life is in contrast to others.

Not sure which Alteryx tool represents me the most but two of my favorite tools are Multi-row formula and RegEx cause they are so darn powerful.

I'm happy to join the Toronto User Group and look forward to meeting the local users - some of which I already know from working with them over the years 🙂

Amarendra
10 - Fireball

Hello Maureen! Welcome to the Toronto User Group! Love your enthusiasm and glad that you joined us. Looking forward to seeing you at all our future user group meetings!

pankajk
10 - Fireball

hi Maureen,

It was nice to see you at the virtual UG meet yesterday. Great to see you enthusiasm and welcome back to Toronto!

I lived in San Diego, CA couple of years and have to admit even years after moving to Canada it has not been an easy transition for me or my wife. Also, I was born and raised in India so it's primarily from a weather perspective we have made agreements 🙂  Having said that this is an amazing country that welcomes everyone.

How about we take your offer to make a presentation at a UG meeting in 2021? I will msg you in private and we can go from there.

Pankaj