Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Toronto, ON

Welcome to the Toronto User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Welcome to the Toronto User Group! Come Say Hi!

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello, User Group Members! Please take a moment by answering the questions below to introduce yourself to the Toronto User Group Community. Once again welcome!

1. What’s your name and what industry do you hail from?
  2. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
  3. What Alteryx Tool represents you the most?

27 REPLIES 27
JamesMalyk
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I'm James Malyk; I work for CIBC in Toronto. Been using Alteryx for a month now and I've been blown away.. honestly not even sleeping anymore; I've converted almost everything I do at work to Alteryx and I've branched out to 3 of our other working floors so far.. the past two weeks I've been working 15 hours a day at it. In an environment where there's a seemingly endless supply of historical and new data sets in hundreds of different formats and storage areas, some data sets are over 30 million records.. it's been like a dream.

Would be wonderful to get to know some of you and share some common ideas and best practices.

James

ShshankChawathay
7 - Meteor

Hi Andrew, it would be awesome if you can help set this user group meeting at your office.Even if that doesntwork, we should definitely get in touch and discuss about other options.

Would you have time to get in touch this week? let me know and we can get on a quick call or meet for coffee.

ShshankChawathay
7 - Meteor

@JamesMalykWelcome to the world of Alteryx!! Sounds like you are having a lot of fun already. We are trying to reviwe the Alteryx User Group meetings, let us know if you would have the bandwidth to help in any capacity. Keep Alteryxing!!

JamesMalyk
7 - Meteor

Thank you!! Not sure what you mean by bandwidth; are you looking for a meeting room/area to get together?

cpituley
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone, 

Cameron here from CIBC Capital Markets Operations in Toronto. I've used Alteryx for about 6 months now and like
@JamesMalyk, have started automating many processes across different lines of operations. My focus right now is on reconciliation processes but I handle a lot of the data prep for Tableau Visualizations as well. Looking forward to being a part of the Toronto community. 

As far as movies go, the last movie I saw in theaters was Infinity War - I'm a big Marvel fan so I loved it. . . 

Alteryx represents the opportunity to change the status quo within static and slow moving organizations. Already seeing great progress here at CIBC.

Kind regards,

Cam

JamesMalyk
7 - Meteor
Spoiler
Welcome Cameron!! It's great to see  that you've joined up, we should get together at some point and collaborate on ideas; thinking we're even in the same building :)

James
edwin_isensee
7 - Meteor

Hi, I work as a senior consultant at Unilitycs Corporation. Look forward to meeting you guys!

JamesMalyk
7 - Meteor

Welcome Edwin!! Hope you find a lot of fun here, and meet some wonderful people :)

ShshankChawathay
7 - Meteor

Pleasure to meet you @edwin_isensee. Hope you are having fun with Alteryx!

ShshankChawathay
7 - Meteor

@cpituleygreat to know about your success with automating mundane and slow processes using Alteryx.

We did the same at Juniper a while ago. At present all of our Production Dashboards are runnning off of Certified Data sources created by our team and are completely automated for a daily refresh schedule using Alteryx. Now we are wondering what to do with all this free time :P