Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

The Midlands, UK

Midlands group revival

gdell
7 - Meteor

Hey everyone,

My name is Gavin and I'm new to Alteryx and the UK Midlands group . I'm keen to use Alteryx in anyway possible to drive both business and personal performance... I think one of the greatest features is the community user groups, however the Midlands user group doesn't appear to have much recent activity, so i'm wondering if any of you in the group would be interested in reviving this group?

I'm happy to lead/support where necessary, I'm just trying to gauge interest at this stage... I would really like to work with some group members to support local community non-profit organisations or education facilities. Any thoughts or ideas, just let me know!

13 REPLIES 13
Samanthaj_hughes
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Hey Alex,

I am happy to host my group in a more central location if it helps.

Our next meeting is on May 17th and we are covering Macros.

At the moment its hosted at Sainsbury's Head Office, Ansty Park, Coventry (for convenience and access to facilities - like free car park, free tea/coffee and tech)

I am happy to host it around the Midlands if required, would love to see more people.

Shout if you need anything,

Samantha
Leader
Coventry-Northampton Alteryx User Group

Samantha Hughes | Analytical System Developer | Property Data Analytics
Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd | Ansty Park
Samanthaj.hughes@sainsburys.co.uk | 02476 529165

[cid:image001.gif@01CFF2A2.DCCDEAE0] [AdvancedLogo18]
www.sainsburys.co.uk<>

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager (postmaster@sainsburys.co.uk) and delete it from your system.

Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd (3261722 England)
Registered Offices: 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT

Sainsbury's Argos is a trading name of both:
1) Argos Limited, Registered office: 489-499 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom, MK9 2NW, registered number: 01081551 (England and Wales); and
2) Sainsbury's Supermarkets Limited, Registered office: 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT, registered number: 03261722 (England and Wales).

All companies listed above are subsidiaries of J Sainsbury plc (185647).

Hi Gavin,

Yes I’d still be interested. I think the group has found difficulties getting a meet arranged, particularly a venue. Let’s see what replies we get from your post and see who’s still active.

Thanks

James
LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I'm loving all the energy here! It really warms my heart that the Community loves User Groups!

Allow me to introduce myself, I am the User Groups Team Lead. I work for Alteryx and I am the liaison between Alteryx and the Community. I provide support and resources to anyone who has interest in User Groups. I can assist with any questions or logistical challenges. 

Would it be good to have us all hop on a call together to discuss?

Flagging @chris_love! :)

gdell
7 - Meteor
Hey @Samanthaj_hughes thanks for your energy. I would be great to join your next meeting if you could provide the details pls. Looking forward to connecting with you and the rest of the group.
gdell
7 - Meteor
Hey @LaurenU, a call sounds like a great idea. I can make most evenings except for a Tuesday, so let us know what dates you have in mind. I'm really looking forward to connecting with you all!
gdell
7 - Meteor
Thanks for your reply James... I'd be happy to set up a virtual meeting with either Adobe Connect or Webex. Let's see what logistical issues we encounter and if required, we can take it virtual (even if it's just to kick things off).
LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@gdell @JamesHolden evenings work well for me because I am actually based in Los Angeles. :) 

I have availability next week any day. Happy to send out an invite for webex. 

JamesHolden
5 - Atom

@gdell @LaurenU an evening next week works for me, either straight after work so I can dial in at the office or a couple of hours later so I'm definitely home please!

gdell
7 - Meteor
Ok, let’s go for 7:30pm on Wednesday 8th May.