Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Tax, Audit + Office of Finance

SOLVED

Cash Flow Analysis

AlecB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi All!

Curious if anybody has a cash flow analysis workflow that they can share? 

7 REPLIES 7
CatherineM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Excellent question! @AlecB 

@fosterking @rsomani005 @alyon - Have we had any past presenters share in regards to Cash Flow analysis? Thanks! 

-- Cat Martinez 

rsomani005
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I was working with daily cash flow payments data for the past 19 months. I used Alteryx to summarize the data into weekly payments and then used the distribution analysis to tool to check the distribution of the data. Once I was able to confirm that my data was normally distributed, I used Z-score to identify those weeks with an abnormal level of payments (i.e. more than 2 standard deviations)

Hope this helps.

AlecB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@rsomani005 Thank you very much!!

Lvasu
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi! We hosted a webinar last week with a live demo of cash flow analysis using Alteryx. You can check it out here, https://pages.alteryx.com/webinar-simplifying-analytics-in-finance-on-demand.html

CatherineM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Awesome content @Lvasu  @rsomani005 , thank you so much for sharing! 🙂

-- Cat Martinez

alyon
10 - Fireball

This is great! @AlecB - did you watch the recording? @rsomani005 @fosterking , do you think this is something we should be taking a second look at after @Lvasu 's recording? 

rsomani005
8 - Asteroid

Yes, I think it will make sense to pin this recording in some place its more visible in this group.