Tax, Audit + Office of Finance

Welcome to the Alteryx Tax, Audit + Office of Finance User Group!

This user group is for anyone who works with money in their data. Maybe you're in the finance or accounting department at your organization, or maybe you use Alteryx to analyze tax and audit data. Perhaps you work at a bank or are a consultant in the financial sector. No matter who you work for or what your title is - if there's money in your data, this user group is for you.

Please join us in sharing experiences, best practices and knowledge.

User Group Leaders:

Foster King Rohit SomaniAlejandra LyonMarie Hibbert

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Cash Flow Analysis

AlecB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi All!

Curious if anybody has a cash flow analysis workflow that they can share? 

7 REPLIES 7
CatherineM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Excellent question! @AlecB 

@fosterking @rsomani005 @alyon - Have we had any past presenters share in regards to Cash Flow analysis? Thanks! 

-- Cat Martinez 

rsomani005
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I was working with daily cash flow payments data for the past 19 months. I used Alteryx to summarize the data into weekly payments and then used the distribution analysis to tool to check the distribution of the data. Once I was able to confirm that my data was normally distributed, I used Z-score to identify those weeks with an abnormal level of payments (i.e. more than 2 standard deviations)

Hope this helps.

AlecB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@rsomani005 Thank you very much!!

Lvasu
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi! We hosted a webinar last week with a live demo of cash flow analysis using Alteryx. You can check it out here, https://pages.alteryx.com/webinar-simplifying-analytics-in-finance-on-demand.html

CatherineM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Awesome content @Lvasu  @rsomani005 , thank you so much for sharing! 🙂

-- Cat Martinez

alyon
10 - Fireball

This is great! @AlecB - did you watch the recording? @rsomani005 @fosterking , do you think this is something we should be taking a second look at after @Lvasu 's recording? 

rsomani005
7 - Meteor

Yes, I think it will make sense to pin this recording in some place its more visible in this group.