Tampa, FL

Welcome to the Tampa User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Seeking support 4 "Allow-Last-Run-metadata-to-persist". Please review & Star or Star+comm

fharper
12 - Quasar

I want to encourage all of you to review posts in the Idea section of the community, in particular I seek support for this idea.  Please review and add your star, which is a vote for, and add comments if you have any to expand or elaborate on the issue.

This is how Alteryx grows, evolves and improves to our benefit.

The issue is that some tools like unions, cross-tabs and others will lose meta-data if you click on them first thing on open of the flow causing frustration in having to run the flow to force meta-data generation then re-configure the settings.  additionally often changes to tools before these tools will have the same affect as auto-refresh hits those and first clears the existing meta-data and since it has no data in the stream to evaluate it does not rebuild the meta data.

I am seeking Alteryx to enhance these tools to not clear the meta-data that is there except when a flow is executed and has data in the stream to evaluate.

see link 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/Allow-Last-Run-metadata-to-persist/idi-p/7321...

5 REPLIES 5
dprice
7 - Meteor

I agree with your issue. That's a challenge for my team as well.

When I click your link, I get an error. I was able to track it down in the search community (and star it), but just wanted to let you know. 

Invalid Parameters Specified
fharper
12 - Quasar

Not sure what is going on with the LINK, used to be able to cut & paste...but search for "Allow-Last-Run-metadata-to-persist" and you should find it right off.

but just to try again here is another paste of the link...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/Allow-Last-Run-metadata-to-persist/idi-p/7321...

fharper
12 - Quasar

link still doesn't work so do the search

fharper
12 - Quasar

trying this to get link working

Allow-Last-Run-metadata-to-persist

fharper
12 - Quasar

OK...i was putting the link in wrong or got a hidden character in it.... the last post works on the link