Tampa, FL

Welcome to the Tampa User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

SOLVED

11 month contract for experienced Alteryx person. Would require on site presence in memph

fharper
12 - Quasar
I am helping a friend find an experienced Alteryx person willing to work in Memphis on an 11 month contract with a good company who recently acquired Alteryx product.

You need experience working with non users to develop/design your own requirements to build flows to improve and or automate existing processes.

Mostly ETL activity, some reporting, little or no modeling required.

Good SQL skills and familiar using input files to capture selection criteria by feeding into dynamic input tool for SQL modification. Other skills facilitating development of dynamic workflows make you more desirable.

If interested let me know by replying to post
10 REPLIES 10
KentFidler
7 - Meteor

We have someone on staff that would be a great fit for this assignment. I would like to discuss at your first availability. 

Thanks,

Kent

678-429-3378

MrData
5 - Atom

Hello, we are a premier Alteryx partner & soon to be coordinator of the Alteryx UG in Miami starting in 2019. We have multiple Alteryx certified consultants on staff & in our community pool.  Feel free to reach out to me @ anthony.allen@datameaning.com

fharper
12 - Quasar

this contract is with a recruiting agency and rate is mid 50 per hour inclusive of per diem.  So this is good for an individual looking for work not so much an opportunity for other contractor companies who expect to charge higher rates.

Judah
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have some alternative Alteryx certified people options to help you and your friend.

Give me a ring to chat when you have a moment. 

Thanks, Judah

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello Judah,

I have removed your personal number from the post as it is against our community guidelines to post private information.
Please feel free to Private Message the original poster with your personal details.

Please also make sure you have taken the time to read our Community Guidelines.

Thanks,
TrevorS

Community Moderator
fharper
12 - Quasar

found someone.  no longer have need.

drintoul
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Trevor,

My name is Dave Rintoul and I'm an Alteryx Core-certified Business Intelligence Analyst working at WellCare Health Plans in Tampa. I'm delighted to see that there's a user group in Tampa!

My alias is drintoul (as you can see) and I'd like to associate my Alteryx community email with my private (gmail) account rather than my work account. Seems like Alteryx discourages that but it would mean better portability between employers and between personal and professional projects. Is it possible to switch?

Also, I'm trying to take the Advanced Exam but get a pop-up that I've exceeded the number of times I can take it. I haven't even once taken the Advanced exam but did take 5 tries to pass my Core exam (higher score each time because I used it to learn Designer). Is it possible that you can only take a total of 5 tries? Is it possible to get it reset so I can try the Advanced exam?

Thanks very kindly for your guidance and I look forward to meeting you at a future Tampa UG meetup.

Best,

Dave Rintoul

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @drintoul ,

For the change in your email, please email community@alteryx.com with the email currently registered, and the new email you would like to have on file.

As for the certification, you are eligible for the exams 4 times a month (1 per week.) If you seem to be locked out at all, please email Certification@alteryx.com and they can assist you with your chances!

Thanks!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
fharper
12 - Quasar

@drintoul 

In the past you get 3 tries in a month to pass an exam.  if you did not pass in the month you registered for then you can register to take it again the next month and you have to wait for the email when the 1st or maybe 1st business day comes of that next period.  

After writing the above I checked the certification page and looks like it changed a bit.  with core you can take it over and over until passing just have to wait 7 days between attempts I think.  once Core is passed then Advanced is automatically available to take.  it does not speak to repeats on this level of certification.  it may be like core and have to wait 7 days...may be different and have to wait a month but it doesn't say.  you need to email Support@alteryx.com and ask for clarification. 

I managed to get my account email changed a few years ago so I did not lose my profile when I changed jobs...then they changed the community and the license software and now I am solid in the community but have different creds for licensing based on employer...kind of weird.. but I think my request and several that followed pointed them to the need to allow for email changes without losing profiles...you have to check with support on that though..would be ridiculous if they have not filled that need by now though.

Again an email to Support@alteryx.com should get you an answer.