Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Sydney, Australia

Welcome to the Sydney User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button in Home to follow our news and attend our events!

Sydney user group happy hour - Feb 2020

Nezrin
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Hi All,

I know you all have been eagerly waiting for the Sydney user group meet-up and guess what, your voices have been heard!!

Excited to announce that we are having a happy hour meetup for the user group members early/mid Feb, before our Inspire APAC!

Any suggestions for good restrobars in the city area (should be easier for most people)

I am looking at weekday after-work hours. Thought that would be better instead of a weekend. Let me know if you guys think otherwise!

Please drop a comment so that I can incorporate any suggestions you have 🙂

Can't wait to get to know you all 🙂

@ChrisS 

Thanks,
Nez
Alteryx ACE | Sydney Alteryx User Group Lead | Sydney SparkED Contributor
21 REPLIES 21
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I'll be there 21-2 if that helps to sway you towards that Friday.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@MarqueeCrew ooh you'll be in town?? Should we try to make it an ACE and UG party? @VizChic and @adrianloong what's your availability like in February?

giphy

knlekash
7 - Meteor

Hi Nez,

I will be new to the Sydney area coming from San Francisco. I can't wait to meet up with other users and am following to see the date/location for the first user meeting!

VizChic
11 - Bolide

I'm travelling in the US and only back for Inspire.. sorry, I know that doesn't help much.  I wonder if Rahul would allow us to have a meetup at conference.. could be good for getting new people interested in the user group.

@Nezrin - regarding your question of location. Are you looking for a drinks only or do you want people to present there as well?

Nezrin
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

@VizChic hi ! Thought we can just have a get together and intro of each other to begin with. And wanted to understand what the group would be interested to see from this year’s user group meet-ups.

So will just utilise the venue for a nice relaxed and friendly environment 🙂 

Thanks,
Nez
Alteryx ACE | Sydney Alteryx User Group Lead | Sydney SparkED Contributor
jcabrough
7 - Meteor

@MarqueeCrew, it would be great to put a face to a handle. 21st Feb would be great by me. Somewhere not too noisy with great beer and good portions would food would be my option. How about The Belgian Beer Cafe Heritage at 135 Harrington St in The Rocks ?

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@jcabrough ,

If @Nezrin plans for the 21st, I'll be there.  Otherwise I'll be at #AlteryxAPAC20.  I'll be presenting RegEx and should be relatively easy to find.  Look for my Alteryx boots.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@VizChic I might be able to make something very casual happen. I think there should be a community space. I agree with you, we should use Inspire to help keep momentum and build visibility!

VizChic
11 - Bolide

@Nezrin for a casual catch-up with plenty of space there's Bungalow 8.  There are lots of big tables, and you should be able to reserve some space easily https://bungalow8sydney.com.au/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=clicks&utm_campaign=GoogleMyBusiness