Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Standardized Login for all Alteryx sites - SSO

Hi there,

The login to the community goes through the Gallery - which is a problem for folks in locked-down corporate environments (in our firm, the gallery.alteryx.com URL is locked down so that there can be no leakage of intellectual property) - as a result, none of us can log into the community site (Community.alteryx.com) and sign in as ourselves from work.

Would it be possible to replicate the login URL so that if I'm logging in from the Community it punches me through to Community.alteryx.com/login instead of Gallery.alteryx.com?   You could use the same authentication and the same credentials in the background, but at least then we'd be able to log into the community from the office and contribute to questions and discussions?

Thank you

Sean

22 Comments
LDuane
Alteryx
Alteryx

@JayB

JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @SeanAdams - the Product team is actively having conversations about a solution like this and we are doing some additional work to understand the requirements.  We may reach out to you directly, if that's alright, to ask some follow-up questions and will be sure to post here with any additional information as it becomes available.  Thank you for continuing to highlight the importance of having an SSO login that does not depend on logging in through the Public Gallery and for starting this thread so we can keep this conversation going.  

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

:-) more than happy to spend the time @JulieM - if you want, I can set up a few slots on the calendar - just PM me with the e-mail addresses of the people that you would want on this call, and I'll set up a few slots and we can pick whichever works.

JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Great!  Thank you.  I will reach out directly to set something up.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Just wanted to say thank you to Julie & Ben for the time yesterday to work through this ( @JulieM and @BenG )

If there's anything we can do to help as you work through this internally - let us know!

JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Happy to have had the chance to speak with you, @SeanAdams.  We're excited to see what we can do here.  Stay tuned!

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi all,

Given we're entering a new year, just wanted to check in with folk to see if the SSO login for Alteryx sites is up for delivery in early 2018?

This will be an important enabler for our continued investment in Alteryx learning; and the improvements to Alteryx Licensing Mgmt & Logistics.

JulieM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

@SeanAdams thanks for checking in on this.  I'm changing the status to On the Roadmap as we are in the works of trying to solve for this.  Thanks!

JeffS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

We are working on this. I can't offer a date at this point, but I hope to have more info soon. Thanks so much to everyone for their patience!

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thank you @JeffS  - there are a lot of people in our org that would be excited about this one.