The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Discussion Area for Areas of Interest/Industry Specifc Questions

I was speaking to a new customer this week and they really like the Community but they wondered if it would be possible to include an area in the Discussion Section for topics that are more centric to areas of interest and industry specific questions.  The example I was given was around survey data.

The customer mentioned that the Tableau Forum has something similar and that they felt this was missing from ours.

I'm not aware that this area already exists in the Community but it seems a good idea to me as all the sections at the moment are very product centric.

Thanks

8 Comments
daniel_mmi
9 - Comet

It seems something like this functionality could be built either by adding a handful of new labels or allowing posters to use labels that haven't been previously defined.

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Thanks @AndyC for sharing this idea!  It's rather timely as we'll be reviewing the community data & structure in the new year to see if and where it might make sense to expand. As @daniel_mmi suggested it would be easy to add new labels in the existing discussion areas, but if we reach critical mass around a certain topic we'll definitely consider adding a new forum for it.

As we start planning, we would be very interested to hear what categories/topics/areas of interests you feel might be missing. Let us know via comments!

HelenL
8 - Asteroid

Steve Wexler of Data Revelations recently posted his technique for using Alteryx to prepare survey data for use in Tableau. It was a great influence in my decision to buy Alteryx.

Now as a new Alteryx user, it would be great to be able to find help on the basics (e.g. avoiding truncation of free text; joining csv files with different data structure (columns in a different order); removing trailing spaces. I've searched the community for help on these topics without sucess. 

Helen

Rohit_Bajaj
9 - Comet

I was trying to search for some interest groups/user groups within the community but was not able to find it.

I think it would be good if we can have some groups based on interests/specialities of the members.

Alteryx as a tool can be used for a variety of purposes - ETL, Analytics, Master Data Management, Data Profiling etc.

It would be good if there can be user groups based on specialties as well - so as to have more meaningful discussions, focussed/combined request for new product features/ideas, subscriptions based on interest, more relevant solutions, upkeep with industry trends in particular area, contact points for a particular area etc.

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Thanks for this suggestion @Rohit_Bajaj! We're all for providing more ways for our community users to connect with one another, however we always want to make sure new areas we create will have active engagement, and wont take away from already active areas.

We would love to hear from the rest of the community whether they would be interested in topic specific user groups, and what those might be. 

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

Over the past year or so, our Customer Advocacy team has been hard at work scoping out creating industry focused user groups. You may have noticed we already implemented an area for users in the Healthcare space, and have plans to introduce more verticals in 2018. Keep an eye on the Industry User Group page for updates!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: New Idea

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented