The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Notify when someone else responds while you are writing a response

I have had a number of times where I've responded to forum posts only to discover upon posting that someone else has posted an (often better) answer ahead of me, and my answer is now redundant.

It would be nice to have a notification before posting that the thread has changed.

5 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I totally agree!

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @StephenR,

It kind of does this already, if you watch the lower right corner of the screen where the little browser icon is on occasion you will see a pop up for someone posting.  I am not sure if this is only for threads you are following but it has helped me a few times in an instance like you are talking about.  

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

@andrewdatakim, I do get those pop ups, but they only work if you are already following the thread.  They don't work if you're posting your first response.

andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Hi @StephenR,

The only option that would currently work is to follow the post first.  This may be useful on post you know it will take you a few mins to write.  

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

@StephenR and @patrick_digan at this time the feature that Andrew describes is the only option available to know if a response has come to a specific post that you are interested or responding to.

DanM