The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Create separate discussion space for Alteryx Connect

Lumping Connect in with Gallery makes it difficult to find things specific to Connect. There is already one thread tagged as "Connect," which has nothing to do with Connect. I know it is new, and there is little activity, but with the issues I am experiencing, I expect the space to explode very quickly.

9 Comments
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

absolutely agree - can we review the tags available for tagging ideas to allow for ideas on Promote; Connect, etc?

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the suggestion @blyons. At this time, if you have questions about Alteryx Connect, in addition to posting them on the Alteryx Connect & Gallery forum, you can select the Alteryx Connect label. As you've pointed out, we have seen some misuse of the label, which is something we have been keeping an eye on. As conversations about Connect grow, we will of course consider expanding/adjusting how we categorize content. 

@SeanAdams -- there is a label within Product Ideas for Alteryx Connect.  If you go to create a new idea, you will see that it is available as a selection. Once Alteryx Promote becomes generally available (early 2018), we will provide a space for those conversations/ideas as well.

Hope this helps! Thank you for the feedback!

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

blyons
11 - Bolide

Thanks for considering this. I would point out that there are now 9 threads tagged "Alteryx Connect," of which only 3 really are. That is a 67% error rate, which is very misleading, and making it more and more difficult to find genuine issues. Is it possible for someone to remove the erroneous tags?

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hey @blyons -- Thanks again for sharing your concerns. I went ahead and removed the label from the threads you mentioned. Perhaps we could consider adjusting the label name to something like "Product - Alteryx Connect"?  I'll bring this up with our internal teams, and in the meantime, we'll keep a closer eye on the usage of the "Alteryx Connect" label.

blyons
11 - Bolide

I think changing the label to "Product - Alteryx Connect" is a good idea. I think people don't understand that "Connect" is a product, not about general "connections." I do appreciate not having to wade through as much junk to share Connect experiences with others.

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

We hope you find the new Alteryx Connect area of the community helpful @blyons!  Please continue to post any and all questions about Alteryx Connect in the new forum.  Thanks for helping us improve the community experience!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: New Idea

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented