Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Allow us to Search for users who have a certain badge

Let me start by saying that badges are awesome, and I love being able to see what I've earned and how that compares to others in the Community.

I think it would be fantastic to be able to search for users who have earned a given badge.  Today, you can really only find out if someone has a badge by actively searching for their profile and checking every badge they have.  This can be particularly challenging if I'm interested in seeing, for example, the user accounts of every Alteryx ACE in 2017, or who has earned the Genius badge.

This can also be really helpful if I'm looking for users with a certain level of certification.  I can see by poking around that a few users I know have achieved Alteryx Advanced Certification, but I'd really like to be able to see all 30 people who have the badge as of today.

Overall, I think this would be a really powerful feature that would help improve the Community experience.

4 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
I would find this useful as well. I have played around with the Lithium API, but it doesn't seem to solve this problem either (although I may have just missed it).
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Only way to do this currently, is to call the Lithium API for badges for each user, and then filter for the particular badge.

It is a bit of a pain (I know that a few folk have done this, including @patrick_digan ) to look for folk who are certified.

Not sure if this is available in V2 of the Lithium API?

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Under Review

@Claje,

Thanks for your suggestion for Community! I think this is a cool idea and agree that there may be some benefit here. We will review this and see if this is even possible with the platform we are using.

Thanks again for your great ideas!

DanM

JeffS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Partner Dependent

Unfortunately this one will be dependent on our partner so I'm changing the status to reflect that. We'll push for this functionality as I too can see it as being useful!