Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Add Visual Indicator to whether I have starred a post

I may have missed it, but I can't easily tell if a post that has been starred by others has been starred by me. In my opinion the star should remain hollow until I have starred it, in which case it should go yellow. The text next to the star tells me the total stars the post has recieved, so the extra indicator is currently superfluos.

Chris

7 Comments
JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Good catch, thanks Chris! We're currently investigating to make sure that the Stars states behave as expected across all discussion styles.

chris_love
12 - Quasar

Thanks Julie, that is perfect.

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

We have this is queue to get fixed and will let you know as soon as we have an update on progress. Thanks for your patience!

cbridges
11 - Bolide

Yes please!

JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

We've deployed a fix for this issue! Here are the visual changes to the different star states, which should be consistent across all discussion styles:

Yellow outline, empty star = You have not given this a star yet

Full yellow star = You've given this a star

Grey outline, empty star = No star given by you, and stars can no longer be given (frozen state)

Full grey star = You've given this a star, and stars can no longer be given by others (frozen state)

Thanks again for flagging this issue! We hope this makes things clearer, let us know what you think.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: New Idea

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented