St. Louis, MO

Welcome to the St. Louis User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Core Cert Trainings

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hey Everyone!

I wanted to share something with this group as it lines up with some of the things we have been pushing this year. Data Prep U is offering a discounted core certification course that starts on June 2. Chad Martin who runs that group was an SE for Alteryx for a long time and is super knowledgeable on the platform. If you or anyone you know is looking to get a jump start into the tool, consider this offering!

https://www.dataprepu.com/courses/core-foundations-live

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
7 REPLIES 7
JakobJ
7 - Meteor

On the course website, its states you can pass the exam on your first try.  Did you find the course had all the information you would need to pass the exam on your first try?

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hey @JakobJ. Great name!

I sent this out as a source. I have known Chad for a long time and know that he puts out a good product. That being said, I have not taken this course.

How long have you been using Alteryx? Have you attempted the course yet?

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
JakobJ
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the feedback.  I have had the opportunity to use Alteryx as part of my job for several weeks.  But it is only a small part of my job.  I just started trying to spend about 1 hour a day with it.  I have been doing some of the challenges when I can.   I think my biggest challenge is the Formula Tool.  I know some formulas in Excel that seem to translate over but the list is extensive in Alteryx.  I've gone through the trainings on the Learn Portal, but was looking for something more to help me pass the Core Exam.

Thanks!

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @JakobJ. Have you checked the Core Certification Prep videos in the Academy section? Here is our Video Training Index where you can find all the prep videos. 😉 

Flávia Brancato
JakobJ
7 - Meteor

@FláviaB  Thanks I don't believe I have seen that set of videos yet.  I'll start going through them!  Thanks again!

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

You are welcome, @JakobJ. You will be amazed on how much great content we have in there! 

Also, since you mentioned that you are having a hard time with the Formula tool, I recommend taking a look in our Tool Mastery Index. It is basically a compilation of Knowledge Base contributions that introduce diverse working examples for Designer Tools. Hope you enjoy! 

Flávia Brancato
rparthiban
5 - Atom

Would the Core Certification videos part 1 -4 help me pass the Core certification exam ? Hope you can help. Thank you!

-Radhika