Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

St. Louis, MO

Welcome to the St. Louis User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

2020 Q1 St. Louis User Group Meeting Recap

ADerbak
11 - Bolide

Thank you to everyone who was in attendance last night! We started off the year strong with 30+ people, all coming from various skill levels and industries! Also, a very special thank you to @Derangedvisions for hosting - she handled the venue, the food, and even made the killer signage that so many of you loved.

Introductions:

You can find the slide deck that was on rotation at the beginning and ending of the meeting. It includes the following:

• Agenda
  • Alter Everything Podcast
  • Inspire Analyticon information
  • Grand Prix Application
  • User Group Survey (Please take this if you did not have a chance to on Tuesday night!)
  • New Community Search
  • New Data Science Learning Path
  • Women in Data Science (WiDS) details
  • March Madness details
  • Alteryx For Good details

Core Certification:

My slide deck (with links!) is uploaded below as well. The last slide also has some helpful articles that I wasn't able to talk about.

Weekly Challenge:

@Treyson introduced Challenge #49  to the group. We had a wonderful amount of collaboration with user group members pairing up and solving together! If you weren't able to attend, we highly recommend trying it yourself.

How Certification Can Be a Game Changer for You, Your Career & Team:

@DavidVelleca discussed how he challenged his team (and himself) to get certified. He went over the process from having one Core Certified member on his team, to nearly all of them becoming Advanced Certified! Slide deck of the presentation is attached as well.

Survey:

Again, if you have not taken the User Group survey, please download the Intro & Outro slides to do so.

If you have any questions or need any additional help, please feel free to reach out to any one of the UG Leaders (that's what we're here for!).

Thank you all again! We will see everyone very soon!

7 REPLIES 7
Derangedvisions
11 - Bolide

Thanks @ADerbak for posting all the info for everyone! I so wish I could take credit for the signage-but it absolutely was not me that created that beautiful work of art (I leave that to the professionals) 😉

ADerbak
11 - Bolide

@Derangedvisions, I won't tell if you won't tell...

secret.gif

jrdepriest
7 - Meteor

Where are the intro and outro slides? I didn't see them in either attachment.

Accrual
7 - Meteor

He just updated his original post. When is the next meeting going to be planned.

ADerbak
11 - Bolide

@jrdepriest , Apologies... When I tried uploading the file, it was erroring out due to size. I will have it up by this weekend.

ADerbak
11 - Bolide

@Accrual , We are planning the next session for the first two weeks of April. We are also looking for speakers, if you or someone you know would like to give a quick talk:

April 2020 Meeting Q2 Call for Speakers

ADerbak
11 - Bolide

@jrdepriest Intro/Outro slides have been uploaded. Please let me know if you have any issues viewing them.