Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Springfield, MA

Hello and Welcome to the Springfield MA User Group! Join us and Say Hello!

dlweldon
7 - Meteor

Hello, User Group Members! Please take a moment by answering the questions below to introduce yourself to the Springfield MA Alteryx User Group Community.

1. What’s your name and what industry do you hail from?
  2. What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
  3. What Alteryx Tool represents you the most?

Once again Welcome!  I can't wait to meet all of you!

Robot Happy

7-5-2016 11-14-59 AM.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
dwashburn
5 - Atom

My name is Dave Washburn and I currently workin the Insurance industry, but I also have experience in the retail industry. 

The last movie I went to was Finding Dory, and it was all my childhood could have ever dreamt it would be.

The Alteryx tool that represents me the most is the formula tool, because I love creating new things!

jbednarz
6 - Meteoroid

1) John Bednarz.  12+ years of insurance industry experience.

2) Last movie I went to?  Great question - it's been so long, I honestly don't know!  

3) I think the Join tool is a good representation because I enjoy bringing disparate teams and departments together on the common ground of data.

dlweldon
7 - Meteor

Hi Dave! 

Welcome to the Alteryx User Group!  Thanks for joining!

LOL!  Finding Dory is on my list of to see, including the Secret Life of Pets. 

There are times I feel like Dory though...Oh look Cake!

Formula tool is an interesting choice.  Creating new things is a good thing.  Even though sometimes it may give you unexpected results, sometimes that's good too! Smiley Happy

Thanks!
Diana

dlweldon
7 - Meteor

Hi John!

Thanks for joining our page!  I appreciate it!!

What?  No movies?  Oh well, you're probable creating something too cool with Alteryx!

I love the join tool!  Bringing things and people together is my cup of data. Smiley Very Happy

jbednarz
6 - Meteoroid

While I haven't built an analysis to prove it, I suspect that my lack of movies is due to having a 15 month old Smiley Happy We just don't get out to do much these days!

Although not a movie, I have begun watching old episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm lately.  Love me some Amazon Prime.

dlweldon
7 - Meteor

Hi!

Trying to plan our very first meeting of Alteryx users.  Join is my favorite tool, can you tell?  Smiley Happy

Please fill out the survey below so we can get this user group going!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5B2VSY8

Thank you!!

Diana

DHuntley
5 - Atom

Hello!  My name is David Huntley and I have 31 years in Investments/Finance, with 15 of it in Insurance, and the balance in Banking, Consulting, and Commercial Real Estate.  The last movie I saw was Star Trek Beyond, which was entertaining, even if slightly puzzling on some levels.  I think the tool that most represents me is probably "Summarize", because that is what I am always trying to do for others.  However, the palette that interests me the most is the Predictive palette, because that is what I'm always most interested in doing for myself.

dlweldon
7 - Meteor

Don't worry John...they grow up so quickly, and before you know it, they'll be grown up and off to college.  Ask me how I know!

Enjoy these times...they are the most precious. 

dlweldon
7 - Meteor

Hi David! 

Welcome aboard....

I want to See Star Trek Beyond, but my daughter will not go with me if I wear my original Star Trek gold shirt.  :(

So I must dress like a civilian. sigh....

Predictive Palette is interesting for sure. We'll have to geek out somtime on data and Star Trek, albeit not Data from Star Trek TNG. 

:)

Thanks for signing up!
Diana