Silicon Valley, CA

Silicon Valley / Bay Area User Group Recap

TZChandler
8 - Asteroid

Thanks to everyone  who attended our first user group meeting. We had 13 people attend. Impressive.

As always, I want to share my thoughts but if I missed something or misrepresented something please speak up. 

This meeting covered a few areas that are helping set the direction for the user group. Steve from Alteryx also presented the new Alteryx Usage Logs in Tableau.

Here are the details:

About the direction of the User Group.

Everyone except two companies represented are not using Alteryx Server. Also the survey showed that most of the attendees have been using Alteryx for about one year. Based on this I feel that the theme of this user group needs to address Alteryx Workflow experiences both technically and business (change management). 

Logistically, hosting this meeting at Marketo seemed to work well with only two people having to travel just shy of an hour. I'm happy to host the meeting again at Marketo however if others would like to host the meeting or know of a brewery or winery we could meet at, I'm all ears.

Survey Results.

We reviewed the survey results. The scope included preferred locations and times, user experience and more. Generally most people have been using the solution for about a years. Prefer locations, times and duration were spread out. We will be having meetings after work and the durations will be dictated by content (1 to 2 hrs).

Based on the upcoming holidays we are looking to have the next User Group meeting in January. Speak up if you have ideas of venues, dates etc.

Tim's Presentation.

I presented the Marketo's data architecture and described how Maketo uses Alteryx as a complete solution for ETL and powering Tableau.  I also referred to some of the tools we find interesting. One of the tools that is relatively new to the Alteryx Tool kits is "Blocking Test". How to get this tool and more can be found here

Steve Wagner, Alteryx - Alteryx Workflow Logs presented in Tableau

It was great to have Steve here in person presenting. Thanks Steve! This new Alteryx Server capability to me is a Health Dashboard and shows at a glance the usage and potential ETL issues running in a production environment. I believe that anyone using the Alteryx Server should consider this to drive greater business continuity. Steve went deep into the macros explaining how this workflow works. 

Observations and Comments.

Again thanks for joining us. Please share your thoughts and banter in the community. As I mentioned I believe that this user group is more about building relationships along a common theme. 

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1
TatianaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for sharing @TZChandler. Looking forward to Q1!

Tatiana Servin
Content Marketing
Alteryx