Silicon Valley, CA

January UG Meeting Recap

TZChandler
8 - Asteroid

This meeting was a bit of a misfire with low attendance. I'm gathering that the the combination of agenda and timing was not good for many of you. We had 11 registrations and 6 people attend including Alteryx speakers and me.

The primary agenda point was Robot Data. Please click here to see a demo. DataRobot video Note that this is high-end analytics and most of you may never need this but it's good to be aware of the resources around you. 

We are regrouping and welcome your comments to make the ne UG important to you. Here is the thinking for the next Silicon Valley User Group Meeting.

1. We will start at 5PM. The Bay Area traffic is inevitable so the agenda has to make it worth our while.

2. Although DataRobot is interesting, I recognize that many of you are relatively new and are not looking for expencive add-ons to Alteryx. Agenda will focus on 3 things going forward until feedback warrents a change.

a) Ramping up and being effective with the tool. (Trick and Tips,  cool tools and techniques.)

b) Lessons learned from the Community and insight into doing things better (Technical and process wise)

c) Support & Maintenance of work flows. What happen on day 2?

3. We will allocate some time to giving back to the community. (Alteryx for Good) There are opportunites to give back with our skills and Alteryx is willing to help out with their software here. I will invite Alteryx to talk about what's being done in other areas and see how we can make an impact.

4. Grand Prix Alteryx Racing. Anyone interested in this? If so we can create a team to complete globally. 

Future considerations include:

a) Alteryx security

b) Scaling out Alteryx

c) Managing very large work flows

d) Macro writing

e) Performance tuning

Please let me know you thoughts. Your feedback is important.

0 REPLIES 0