Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

installing predictive tools

robf
5 - Atom

I was using predictive tools successfully but could not use Lift Chart so I attempted to install R predictive tools as Admin.  Now my predictive tools don't work as this message shows:

Logistic Regression (3) Logistic Regression: The plugin "C:\Users\rfutterman\AppData\Local\Alteryx\R-3.3.2\plugin\x64\\AlteryxRPluginEngine.dll" could not be loaded: The operation completed successfully. ¶ (0)

What is the solution to this problem?  do I have to uninstall Alteryx designer and install from scratch?

5 REPLIES 5
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@robf 

Did you uninstall the R tools you already had set up before re-running the install?

Did you already have Designer installed as Admin or non-admin?

robf
5 - Atom

no I didn't uninstall R tools -

I believe I am running alteryx as NON-administrator - just running on my local machine

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@robf okay, the error makes a little more sense now.  If you tried to do an install of the R tools on top of an existing install, the dll file would be pointing to the wrong location.

If installing as admin is an option, then I'd suggest uninstalling everything (R tools first, then Designer) and then reinstalling the Admin version of Designer with the Admin version of R Tools.

It's also important to reboot between uninstalling and reinstalling.

If running the Admin versions isn't an option, I would still do the full uninstall/reinstall with whatever version you can.  Once you have a dll pointing incorrectly, it's easier to just wipe the slate clean and start over with a fresh install than trying to go back and correct everything.

MattPla
5 - Atom

What if you get the error when uploading an app to alteryx server? Is this an issue then on the server, and would you recommend similar steps on the server to correct?

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@MattPla it most likely means the tools aren't installed or had an issue getting installed on the worker.  I'd do the same thing on the server.

Labels