Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

User Request to Run a Workflow

Rohitpm
8 - Asteroid

Hi Guys

I have a schedule that outputs unmapped sheet names of excel files and i was wondering what the best method would be for a user who updates the mapping document to request that another workflow runs to check field names of the data. Say a link or something that they can use to get it to run

Thanks

Ro

3 REPLIES 3
david_fetters
11 - Bolide

Do they have a designer license?  If that's the case, then you can setup an App and have them run it themselves.

If not, then do you have server?  Again, you can create a private self-service app that they can upload the file to and check it.

If neither of those things, I would suggest a polite email.

Rohitpm
8 - Asteroid

Ok cool we do have the server so really all i need them to do is click a button to run a workflow rather than upload anything. Ill take a look into creating a private self service app

david_fetters
11 - Bolide

You'll need to talk to your gallery admin and see how it is setup.  One of server's nice features is that on a private internal gallery, anyone who is authorized can run workflows or apps that are saved in the gallery.  It lets your whole team benefit from alteryx without having to 1) train them on using it, or 2) purchase licenses for everyone.