Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Size of the columns in the select tool

ulrich_schumann
8 - Asteroid

Dear all,

is there any chance to configure/save the size of the column 'Rename' within the Select-Tool? All the time I go to another tool and come back, the column is too small and need to be changed in size manually again and again.

4 REPLIES 4
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ulrich_schumann

What version of the Alteryx Designer are you using (Help>>About?) 

In the latest version (11.0.3.25674) the field width's have been updated to reflect the values within them.

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

ulrich_schumann
8 - Asteroid

Hi Jordan,

I am using 11.03.25674. Is there anything I need to configure?

Although I have long names within the Rename column, the column is too small to show the entire content, so I 'll need to adjust with the mouse. manually.

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ulrich_schumann

It seems the adjustment was just made to the original field names and not the rename field. Feel free to suggest this in the ideas section for our development team to consider. 

As an alternative you can save the whole of the select tool config if you are reusing this config time and time again. 

You could also look at using the dynamic rename to rename field headers dynamically as well. 

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

ulrich_schumann
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, the Dynamic Rename will do for quite a lot of my requirements.

Labels