Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Scheduling a workflow with Alteryx designer

pgeorge4
7 - Meteor

Hi,

We are evaluating Alteryx designer and our trial license is having scheduler also activated.But we are not able to schedule the workflow.

In the controller dropdown we see only "connect to controller". As per the below link there should be an option of local Machine which I am not able to find out.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-schedule-a-Workflow-using-Alteryx/t...

Please let me  know if there is any specific configuration set up required to activate the scheduler.

Regards,

Philip

1 REPLY 1
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @pgeorge4

You will also need to have the admin version of Alteryx to be able to run the 'Alteryx Service' needed for the scheduler.

You can download and install that version here and then you will be able to insert your Alteryx Designer with scheduler key.

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

Labels