Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish to Tableau Server error using scheduler

ashkhan
7 - Meteor

my existing wf that writes to TS runs fine when run locally but when i schedule it to run on a scheduler it errors out with following error. 

Error: Designer x64: Tool #24: Tool #502: Record #1: Tool #8: Error creating the file " C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\DataProducts\DataSets\Content\PublishToTableauServer\TableauServer.Selection.ServerSite.yxdb ": Access is denied.

I have tried several things such as making sure folder wasnt read only as well as closing any other thing that might be locking the yxdb file. 

any help will be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ashkhan

Are your scheduling this through the Alteryx Designer or on Alteryx Server?

If you are scheduling this on the Alteryx Designer you will need to check your permissions on the Program Data folder referenced below.

If you are scheduling this on the Alteryx Server you will need to check the Run As or Server default login permissions on the Program Data folder referenced below.

I would suggest either of the above would require some IT consultation to make sure you or the server have full control on that folder. 

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

ashkhan
7 - Meteor

Hi Jordan we currently do not have Alt server. I am using Alt Designer to setup the alerts. 

I have already verified that the folder has appropriate permissions and the wf runs fine if i run it from Designer but errors out when using scheduler to do the same thing. 

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ashkhan

In the Alteryx systems settings (This should be a desktop icon) you will need to go to the 'Run As' Settings and enter in your credentials so the scheduler runs as you rather than the service account.

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

ashkhan
7 - Meteor

Thank you Jordan i was able to resolve this by going to the folder and making it read/write for all users. 

thanks for your responses. 

Labels