Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error SQLExtended Fetch Error

JohnMaty
9 - Comet

HI EVeryone,

I am getting an odd error in ALteryx that appears to be random thoughout a yxmd.

Error: Input Data (3): Error SQLExtendedFetch: [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Connection to Sybase server has been lost. Connection died while reading from socket. Socket returned error code 10054. ERRNO returned 0. All active transactions have been rolled back.[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Internal Error

It happens sporadically thorughout a process.  Is this an issue with my ODBC settings or an issue in ALteryx?

7 REPLIES 7
JohnMaty
9 - Comet

I posted too soon.  It has been a long day!  I needed to increase my fetch array size and packet size in the ODBC connection.

stephen81
6 - Meteoroid

I'm having the same issue. What values did you set in the end?

archit14
7 - Meteor

Hi JohnMaty, 

I am having a similar error. How can we change fetch array size and packet size in the ODBC connection administration?

I searched online, but couldn't find a way.

Appreciate your help,

Archit

rerwin21
6 - Meteoroid

How exactly do you update those two options (e.g. packet size)? I just received the same error and I'm not sure where to start.

Uli123
7 - Meteor

Would you be able to share where you were able to modify these settings?

JohnMaty
9 - Comet

Everybody, I really apologize.  I did not see the questions involving this.  I am making these changes inside of and ODBC through a windows machine to an oracle ASE database.  Under the advanced tab, there is an option at the bottom for packet size.

JohnMaty_0-1580153800389.png

Kbeckman
5 - Atom

Does anyone know how to expand on this using 32 bit ODBC?

Labels