Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Can't connect to MongoDB error - Alteryx Server - service won't start

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

I'm having a rather critical issue currently.  Our AlteryxService is stopped and i'm attempting to restart it, but am receiving the following error:

Alteryx Service <Mongo connection failed, please ensure server address and credentials are correct.

I looked in the path specified in the configuration and it looks like the files are there, so i'm not entirely sure what is going wrong.  Any help would be fantastic.

9 REPLIES 9
Claje
14 - Magnetar

This is resolved - thank you very much Alteryx!

BGoode
6 - Meteoroid

I cannot see the solution and am having the same problem.  Someone please post the solution. 

_crump_matthew
5 - Atom

I have the same issue, how can I resolve? MongoPool.cpp: 159. couldn't connect to server localhost:27018

sagar_agarwal
8 - Asteroid

You can try out the steps here in order to troubleshoot the problem. These steps worked for me too:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/ERROR-Mongo-Connection-failed-please-ensure-...

cgusa
5 - Atom

I have tried that, it solves the issue temporarily, after a couple of days the error is back

aMac
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Claje would you share the solution you and Alteryx used to resolve?  Noticing similar issues on our end.

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

I want to start by saying that you should follow all of the steps listed In Andrew Lloyd's post (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/ERROR-Mongo-Connection-failed-please-ensure-...) Before attempting anything else, and also that working with Alteryx Support will be a better bet if you can do so.

Below is the information that I have available from the issue we encountered back in March.  If you have further questions I will do my best to answer them.

Our issue was related to mongoDB Journal files, in particular, a locking issue on a journal file.  documentation discussing this feature of mogoDB is available here: https://docs.mongodb.com/v3.0/core/journaling/

We resolved this issue with the following command:

mongod.exe --dbpath "D:\Alteryx\Service\Persistence\MongoDB" --auth --port 27018 --repair --repairpath D:\MongoBackup

Hope this helps!

aMac
8 - Asteroid

Got it, thanks for the quick and thorough response @Claje! Would give more stars if I could :-)

CP763167
5 - Atom

Hi Claje,

Thanks for this solution. Well, I am running into quite a similar sort of issue where the issue appears to be with the mongod.lock file. I am currently running the repair command but it seems to be taking longer than expected (I am not sure on this). The MongoDB folder size that I trying to repair is around 220 GB’s. The repair process has now been running for 2 hours with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Agam