Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Blank Screen when trying to update license key

No-Sass
8 - Asteroid

I'm just about to start year 2 of our 3 year license and when I select Activate License from the Options tab I get the Activate Designer pop up that is completly blank. Never had this issue before. A coworker actually had the same thing occur with her while trying to install designer on her machine as well. Have a different coworker who installed the new key w/o issue. We are all on virtual machines. Thoughts on this would be appreciated. 

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @No-Sass,

Can you include a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
No-Sass
8 - Asteroid

Blank License update

No-Sass
8 - Asteroid

The connecting circle 'activates' and then when its complete, you get what you see. 

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Helllo @No-Sass,

This may be a case for the support team.  If you could email support@alteryx.com we will be happy to take a look for you.

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
ScottG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I saw this same problem with a prospect.  It turned out to be a firewall issue blocking communication to the Alteryx Gallery.

Scott Gurney
Strategic Sales Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
Ab5
5 - Atom

I am facing similar issue with 2020 version. I have sent an email to support team today.

scottgurney
5 - Atom

Alteryx Support should be able to help. 

There are a few other things you can try in the interim:

1. Attempt to use the command-line licensing method:
    AlteryxActivateLicenseKeyCmd.exe [license key] [email address]
  2. Use the “offline” licensing method, using File Activation
  3. If allowed by the organization, connect to a network that is outside of the firewall, such as a mobile hotspot or on a home internet connection. Then activate.
  4. Ask IT to open ports 80 and 443 and add whitelist.alteryx.com to their firewall whitelist so communication can take place.

Ab5
5 - Atom

Thank you, I will wait for the support team to respond today before I try anything. Thanks for sharing.

Labels