Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx Server System Requirements and Trial

RicardoCaro
7 - Meteor

1. What are the Alteryx Server Minimum System Requirements? Tech specs on website only show 'Recommended' and 'High Performance'

2. Is there a trial license for Alteryx Server, Connect and/or Promote? I want to virtualize a testing environment for these three products (I need to know the minimum system requirements before I create the VM instance)

12 REPLIES 12
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@RicardoCaro,

capture.png

Depending upon the number of users, concurrent jobs and the makeup of the workflows your requirements may require more memory, disk or cores.  Alteryx scales well so you can grow the footprint (licenses are required) to support your needs.  As an Alteryx partner, I'd be happy to discuss your needs with you.  If you are interested, please DM me.

Cheers,

Mark

CPU

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
RicardoCaro
7 - Meteor

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your feedback.

I simply need to know if there are minimum tech specs to install Alteryx Server. I just want to test its functionality right now.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Tableau?

If you just want to launch it and play with it, you can run on your laptop.
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
RicardoCaro
7 - Meteor

Sorry! Alteryx Server I meant.

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

As Mark indicated, you can install it on your laptop if you really want... if you're after min specs, I don't know what the installer would say no to, however I wouldn't step below 4vCPU and 8GB RAM. If in AWS for instance, I always step in with a minimum of xlarge on the general instances, but for production, you would probably want to step up to 2xlarge.

As for the trial versions, there is for Server & Connect. As for Promote, either we or one of our Partners (as @MarqueeCrew mentioned above) can work with you to work out the best approach.

Kane

varun2
5 - Atom

Hi KaneG,

I am trying to install the 14 day trial version of alteryx designer 2018.3 x64 but it's not allowing me to it (Not enough disk space). Can you please tell me the minimum disk space required to download and run the trial version

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Varun,

I don't know the exact free disk space required, but I would say that you would want 10GB or so in order to use Alteryx and if the installer is failing then you have a lot less than that.

It's not about just getting it installed, as resources will also be used when running processes.

varun2
5 - Atom

Thanks for the info. I cleared up the disk space and got it installed

stuartpollicott
6 - Meteoroid

No one ever mentions DISK IO requirements, just size.

I have an Alteryx Server and want to add some more storage, can I do this via CIFS, or should it be direct attached or should it even be SSD?

What guidance is there around DISK IO and different workloads?  I can only find the Technical Overview as per;

http://downloads.alteryx.com/Documentation/Alteryx%20Technical%20Overview.pdf

Which in section " Performance and Scaling Considerations " mentions maybe needing SSD for CASS, Calgary, and geocoding functions.

Any help or experiences welcome.

Labels