Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Designer Running at Low Priority

sagar_agarwal
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I recently got Alteryx Server installed and running; and I am trying to run one big workflow not via the gallery but by using the Designer on the Server machine. I need to do this as I have to make some changes for now.

However, I see that the Designer is running at low priority, even though the Server environment itself has lot of RAM available. Because of this, it is taking too much time to complete the workflow. Can anyone help me to override this? Snapshot of the message below:

Server low priority.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @sagar_agarwal

In the System Settings for the server this box may have been ticked causing the server to run in this mode.

pic11.jpg

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

sagar_agarwal
8 - Asteroid

Hey Jordan,

Thanks for pointing that out - it is indeed checked on currently. But doesn't it mean running the Alteryx Engine of the Server/Gallery at lower priority & not the Designer?

Or am I confusing the two?

Edit: Also, is it fine if i uncheck it permanently? The server will be dedicated Alteryx Server. and nothing else will be run on it.

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @sagar_agarwal

You are indeed correct. My additional post didn't send. You will want to check here for the designer on the server.

Options>>User settings>>Edit User Settings

pic13.jpg

'Override system settings'>>>Run Designer x64 at lower priority'

pic12.jpg

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant