Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx 11 Performance Issues

TylerMay
7 - Meteor

I upgraded to Alteryx 11 (from 10.6) this week and it is behaving extremely slow.  Every click takes about 10-30 seconds to respond.  When I deactivate a tool it takes 15 seconds for Alteryx to catch up.  Is this happening for others as well?

EDIT: I realize I am providing a minimal amount of information but i am thinking the Sharepoint tool is contributing to the performance.  Is anyone having issues with the Sharepoint input tool?

82 REPLIES 82
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I just re-installed 11 yesterday (v 11.0.6.28907 x64 to be specific).

Still having issues where I'm experiencing delays when moving things on the canvas (it pauses), as well as running modules (Input tool for a small 1.5 MB file with 5 fields and 50,000 records took 30 seconds to run; should be instant).

I have profiling disabled.  Maybe giving us the option to disable the global search and just go back to an option to have online help files only might work; not sure.  We have a very wide pipe for our Internet connection, so I don't think that's the issue, nor is the hardware (8 GB RAM, 1 TB of memory, 4-Cores).

I am going to have to revert back to 10.6 again.  

Mgohil
7 - Meteor

Hi - on our end the issue isn't internet connectivity.  We have a very wide and stable pipe here, and there's very little traffic.  Our other DB tools are performing quite nicely over the same network.

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @mbarone and @Mgohil,

Apologize to hear you are still having issues, and thanks for continuing to provide us feedback.  Please email us at support@alteryx.com  and we will work with you to troubleshoot these issues.   I don't have any suggestions to offer based on reading your notes but we can schedule a meeting with you to take a detailed look at it.

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Thanks Jessica,

I'll shoot an email to support with a link to this thread.

Mgohil
7 - Meteor

Not yet.

Meghan Gohil

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@Mgohil - did anyone from support ever contact you?

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Okay thanks.  I shot them an email a couple weeks ago and hadn't heard anything.  I'll give it another week or so and ping them again.  Thanks.

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Mgohil  @mbarone,

We will reach out to you today to get this sorted out. 

Thanks,

Jess Silveri
Mgohil
7 - Meteor

Hi Jessica - I still haven't heard back from anyone yet.

JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Mgohil,

I sent you an email on Monday, perhaps we have the wrong email address on file for you.  Could you please email into support@alteryx.com?  I'll grab your email from there and reply and we can set some time to look at your issue.

Thanks!

Jess Silveri
Labels