Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Alteryx 11 Performance Issues

TylerMay
7 - Meteor

I upgraded to Alteryx 11 (from 10.6) this week and it is behaving extremely slow.  Every click takes about 10-30 seconds to respond.  When I deactivate a tool it takes 15 seconds for Alteryx to catch up.  Is this happening for others as well?

EDIT: I realize I am providing a minimal amount of information but i am thinking the Sharepoint tool is contributing to the performance.  Is anyone having issues with the Sharepoint input tool?

82 REPLIES 82
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@mbaroneDo you know if your company uses any of the following:

Veriato, ObserveIT, Work Examiner, Spector 360, or any other monitoring solution?

Doing some testing with our IT Security and I've found that employee monitoring software will cause performance issues as well as random, non-reproducible errors.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Interesting.  I will find out and let you know.

parnell
7 - Meteor

BenG - do you have any further updates on this?

I'm waiting on upgrading until I hear this has been resolved successfully.

Thank you!

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

No we do not use any of those.

Matthew1
6 - Meteoroid

Has there been any progress on this issue?  I believe several of us are waiting on a solution before upgrading.

TIA

Matthew

Garrett
11 - Bolide

Consistently encountering same issue as stated by Kuehner on 3/21 - long delays/freezes when moving tools and containers. Very slow when editing container names.

(Have also hit long lags with Allocate Append tool.)

Any news on potential fixes? Kills the joy of developing in Alteryx if I'm frequently waiting through long freezes. Thanks!

BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for the additional information @Garrett.   We are definitely pursuing this issue and hope to have a fix out soon to resolve this issue.  Please keep posting as this kind of behavior is important to us and we want to make sure we are giving you the experience you expect.

Thanks,

Ben

GavinAttard
11 - Bolide

Hi Folks

So i just upgraded to 11 and i am experiencing loads of crashes. 

Mainly the crashes happen after a run and i am clicking on tools in particular the browser tool.

Culprit seems to be the data profiling system, which incidentally is process hungry. all 4 cores in my processor go 100% when i click on a browser tool. That only stops if i click on anther tool. 

Alteryx Everything, Leave no one behind.
JessicaS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

Thanks to everyone that provided feedback on Version 11 performance.

We have released a patch today that is available for download(version 11.06) and contains updates that should help with crashing/freezing.  

Please feel free to download at your convenience and send us an email at support@alteryx.com if you have any feedback or are still experiencing these issues.

Thanks!

Jess Silveri
Manager, Technical Account Management | Alteryx
Mgohil
7 - Meteor

Hey Jessica - I'm experiencing unusable performance using Alteryx 11.0.6 right now.  Simply trying to load a CSV file with 1 field and 500,000 records (16 characters) is causing extremely slow reponse times.  I've tried disabling data profiling but that doesn't seem to help.  Anything else I can try?

Labels