Seattle, WA

Welcome to the Seattle User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Introduce Yourself!

Mstead
8 - Asteroid

Hi Seattle Alteryx Users,

In an effort for all of us to get to know each other, please introduce yourself using the following questions as a template.

1. What is your name, company, and industry you work in?
  2. What are your favorite weekend activities?
  3. How do you currently use Alteryx?
  4. What areas would you like to grow in?
34 REPLIES 34
Carolyn
11 - Bolide

Hi! I'm not sure if anyone is still around... I saw a banner that the Seattle User Group is back and I joined up. 

I'm Carolyn and work in the SaaS industry in the Finance org. I use Alteryx pretty much every day to analyze data and answer data questions. One of my bigger achievements was taking a process that took 4 hours in Excel due to all the formulas needing to recalculate, and turning it into a workflow that takes 3 minutes. 

I'm working on my Batch Macro skills. I have a good handle on Iterative Macros but still struggle with Batch. I feel like something should work but then it doesn't and it takes me a bit to figure out why. 

My big Alteryx goal is finishing the Advent of Code challenges before December. I just have 2 days left to solve. I'm close but struggling to get over the finish line!

Edit: Also, FWIW, I'd prefer any on site meetings north or east. I'm in Bothell/Mill Creek area so getting to Seattle or Renton area is a bit of a challenge. Obviously it's not just up to me, but throwing it out there :) 

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Welcome to the Seattle User Group, @Carolyn! You are right. We just reestablished this Group, which was inactive for a while. We are happy you are here! Stay tuned as the UG leaders are already planning the next meeting. 😀

cc: RubyLeClair@Woojac, danlu100, pawalker@AngieKing 

Flávia Brancato
Rlopez21
7 - Meteor

Just found this user group, glad it's coming back! 

My name is Roxane Lopez, I previously worked at T-Mobile and now at Chewy. I'm at a Payroll Systems Analyst, I work on configuration of our payroll system, integrations, and new features. I'm always looking for ways to automate / improve processes.

During the winter you'll find me snowboarding at Snoqualmie or Crystal. Other than that I love to try to new cocktail bars, farmers markets, beach days, and taking out my two dogs (a pit bull and a basset hound). 

I am building workflows to automate any tedious / lengthy excel processes for our payroll team members. Currently working on a full set of workflows for balancing accounting reporting, this is going to save our team 3 full days of processing per month. 

I'm so bad at RegEx! I'm waiting for the moment my brain has the "aha" moment and I can finally write it. Until then, I'll keep on taking trainings. 

Carolyn
11 - Bolide

Hey @Rlopez21 ! Nice to meet you. 

Do you plan to go to the Training Days at Inspire? It's a separate ticket and takes place for the first 2 days of Inspire. I went to a RegEx training session held by Albert Bellamy @MajorData . I went in saying that I don't understand RegEx despite all the online trainings and readings I had done. In the 2 hour session, I kept thinking "wait, why was I struggling with this?" and I left with such an amazing grasp of RegEx. Night and day difference. 

Rlopez21
7 - Meteor

That's so great to hear!! It wasn't in the budget this year, but I should be able to go next year. I've told my leadership that the training sessions would help me a lot, so I will add in your comment as extra feedback! 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!