Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Seattle-Eastside, WA

Welcome to the Seattle-Eastside User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Introduce Yourself!

Mstead
8 - Asteroid

Hi Seattle Alteryx Users,

In an effort for all of us to get to know each other, please introduce yourself using the following questions as a template.

1. What is your name, company, and industry you work in?
  2. What are your favorite weekend activities?
  3. How do you currently use Alteryx?
  4. What areas would you like to grow in?
29 REPLIES 29
Weberrb
5 - Atom

Good to see another analyst located in Everett! I just started a with Alteryx for the first time this year and it was a cool experience.

Weberrb
5 - Atom

I am an analyst in Everett, born and raised in Seattle working in banking and finance. My favorite social distance activity is hiking, usually on the islands. I also enjoy bowling!

My first project this year was a process automation saving about 1,600 hours of annual processing time. It was a challenging project and I would like to find similar projects to work on.

Weberrb_0-1607383927589.png

nbilotta
5 - Atom

New to Alteryx and the group: 

1. Nick Bilotta, sr mgr, SBUX financial reporting 

2. Hanging with family and the dog 

3. Exploring ways SBUX FR can leverage Alteryx to automate prep and validation of internal and external reporting. Learning right now. 

4. All of them, life goal - never stop learning. 

Camber
5 - Atom

My name is Steve Markley and I own Camber Consulting LLC, a small (25 person) Seattle-area consulting firm.  We focus on finance and accounting projects, and finance and accounting-related IT projects.  We have clients that use Alteryx and we often provide experts to help them expand their usage of Alteryx or we shore up their Alteryx teams with additional resources.

We'll periodically post job openings and independent contract positions on this site, but please feel free to contact me any time if you might be interested.

Thanks,

Steve 

PLHIX
5 - Atom

Hi,

I'm Paul Hicks and I work for Cambia Health Solutions, a Blue Cross-Shield company that covers four states.

Favorite weekend activities include kids soccer games, reading and walking.

We have just started using Alteryx and I'm still learning a lot on how to use and where things are.

Areas of growth are Macros.  This seems like a key skill to really use automation efforts.

Thanks!

Hey y'all, find my responses below.

What is your name, company, and industry you work in?
Alex Glidden, employed at Fortive Corporation which is a international conglomerate with reach into different sub-industries.

What are your favorite weekend activities?
Golfing and trying new restaurants 

How do you currently use Alteryx?
Currently use it in our Tax Technology group to drive automation across different tax-centered groups with ultimate goal of saving time and reducing financial risk. Trial balance evaluation and validation, developing and maintaining master data mapping files, etc.

What areas would you like to grow in?
RegEx, developing Technology standards for developments to withstand various controls (SOX, 3rd party audit, etc.), coding languages that can further alteryx projects

CMMartinez
5 - Atom

Hi there,

I recently just joined this group after hearing about it at Inspire. A bit about me:

1.) Chris Martinez, Amazon Tax Modeler. Previously at PwC in tax which is when I started to use Alteryx

2.) I'm a huge nerd so video games/anime...I try to offset my nerdiness with exercise: weight lifting and running

3.) Data wrangling and outputting to either Excel or Amazon S3 using custom connectors

4.) Regex is very powerful but pretty challenging to master. Also reporting tools, I love Alteryx because generally things are intuitive but that's not so much true with the reporting tools. 

dianawine
7 - Meteor

Hello, I just joined this group and here is a little bit about me:

1. Diana Wine, DaVita Inc, Tax Department
  2. I like watching Seattle Thunderbirds Hockey as well as going to movies and designing houses for fun in my spare time.
  3. I currently do not use Alteryx, however, I am looking to get my certification so I can start finding some efficiencies!
  4. Everything!  I don't know a lot about Alteryx yet, aside from completing some video trainings, so I am currently acting as a sponge and soaking up all the knowledge!
MeMe_TaxAnalyst
5 - Atom

Hello friends,

1. My name is Melissa Coleman, former T-Mobile and KPMG that worked in tax technology in telecommunications and public accounting... (where I met the inspiring Nicole Johnson that got me addicted to Alteryx). 

2. My favorite weekend activities are doing anything outside or when forced inside (DIY with my 1906 historic house).

3. Alteryx has streamlined all tax operations tax technology testing by reformatting PMO office test use cases and outputting to Vertex batch files.  We also used Alteryx for Use Tax Reporting for the Netflix On Us Campaign that reduced a 7-day Use Tax process to 1-day.

4. As a job changer, I am focusing on getting my Advanced Alteryx Certification which I hope will open us some job opportunities both inside and outside of tax technology. 

5. Bonus Question:  Does this group ever meet for happy hours?

Pam2022
5 - Atom
  1. My name is Pam and I work at T-Mobile.
  2. Favorite weekend activities - Hiking and watching my daughter's soccer games
  3. I am hoping to use Alteryx to improve tax processes. 
  4. My next plan is to pass the next certification (designer) and continue working on building workflows.  I have a tax technology background so I want to gain additional skills that will help me move back into tax technology / data automation space.