Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Santalytics 2020

Chat, collaborate and share your ideas on how to get Santa's Workshop back up and running!

Thank you!

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I wanted to post a huge, heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone that joined the Santalytics Hub and participated in the challenge.  We received some truly fantastic submissions and activity from everyone in the group, and I hope that it was as much fun for you as it was for me to see all of your ideas.  The thought behind all of this was to share ideas and bring people together during a particularly difficult year, and I think we did just that.  Seeing all of the shared creativity among our community members truly was a perfect way to wrap up 2020!

We'll be collecting and reviewing the entries over the next week or so and will be announcing the winners after that. In the meantime, I'd love to hear your feedback on your experience.  What did you like about the challenge? What could have been changed to make it better?  Do you have any ideas that might work for another community event that you'd like to see in the future? Sound off in this thread and let me know your thoughts!

Will Machin
Community Management Team Lead
Alteryx
5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @WillM 

I personally enjoyed 2020 Santalytics a lot, a huge thanks to community for this events.

Even though the event started as inactive at beginning weeks there were a lot of great submission afterwards.

Since this was first Santalytics in a project style there were less collaborations. Since people didnt know who would be interested. But now I can positively say there will be more submissions and collaborations next year.

It was a great event really learnt and enjoyed a lot 😀 

Thank you @WillM and community 🙂

KevinHarrison
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Will and Alteryx!

I have only done two Santalytics, 2019 and 2020, and I enjoyed the 2019 format the best because there was a lead up to something and a little something to do every week. With that said I also liked how anything could be done for this one and it being an app so opening up tools you might not use a lot (I rarely use reporting tools). I found myself having to hold back on the 2020 version because I wanted to do more to make it "perfect" but I don't have the time for that in my late night after the kids are down working on it. The other format spread the time out and I had something to look forward every week. 2019 format also was easier for my coworkers to get together to work on it together to learn together. 

All of that being said, I loved them both and I love helping Mrs. Claus whenever she needs help. 

David-Carnes
12 - Quasar

@WillM 
I think the freeform nature of the challenge allowed the participants to let their creativity roam.  I had "Wow!" moments looking at each and every one of the submissions.

In years past the Santalytics have been part of the Weekly Challenge.  Last year's Santalytics netted 10 pages of entries prior to the 31 December 2019 deadline to earn a badge.  Perhaps a tie-in to the Weekly Challenge would draw more participants to the "bring your own problem and solution" side.

Artisans blend technical skills with creativity; some will be more technical and some more creative. An idea might be to have a badge for those who submitted a Santalytics Weekly Challenge and another for the format Santalytics had for 2020.  If people submit both then they get a badge that blends elements of the other two.

Thank you for this interesting Santalytics and I'm looking forward to seeing what y'all come up with this year.
Ciao,

David

Dynamomo
11 - Bolide

@WillM 

Just curious but did someone win this?

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Dynamomo we'll be announcing the winners in the community tomorrow!

Will Machin
Community Management Team Lead
Alteryx