Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

San Francisco Bay Area, CA

Welcome to the San Francisco User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

R Error: Error in plot.new() - Model Comparison

zen_learn
5 - Atom

I have the following error while running the Model Comparison workflow (link: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Model-Comparison/56bbd3013df7da08b8fcd00a)

Note: i am using Alteryx in VirtualBox VM (Windows 10) on a Mac machine. Also, I am using Alteryx 10.6.

Please help. Thank you!

Picture0.png

Picture2.png

Picture1.png

3 REPLIES 3
zen_learn
5 - Atom

Many thanks to @DrDan (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/35). He is amazing and solved my problem.

Here is DrDan's solution:

Since my last response I found a work around for the problem, which is really something that will happen for binary classification problems. Given you are running Alteryx on a Windows  VM under OSX, you will have pretty slow I/O. The one to address this is to drag the Model Comparison macro onto the Alteryx canvas, right-click on the the macro to open it up, and then open the R Tool of the macro. When you do this you will see the R code that is used. Scroll to near the bottom of the R code, where you will find the following lines of code:

getPlots(simple_plot_data, limits, "lift", num_models)
getPlots(simple_plot_data, limits, "gain", num_models)
getPlots(simple_plot_data, limits, "pr", num_models)
getPlots(simple_plot_data, limits, "roc", num_models)

To this block of code, add the following:

getPlots(simple_plot_data, limits, "lift", num_models)

Sys.sleep(0.1)
getPlots(simple_plot_data, limits, "gain", num_models)

Sys.sleep(0.1)
getPlots(simple_plot_data, limits, "pr", num_models)

Sys.sleep(0.1)
getPlots(simple_plot_data, limits, "roc", num_models)

The call to Sys.sleep(0.1) will pause execution of the R script for a tenth of a second, which should be enough time from the prior graph to be read by Alteryx, before R attempts to send the next graph to Alteryx. After you have done this, run the macro workflow, and then save it to a new name. Use the modified macros in your workflow.

fuzzywuzzy
5 - Atom

I tried to do same thing but this doesn't work.... any suggestion. Can you share your macro ?

Capture.PNG

fuzzywuzzy
5 - Atom

It worked. Thank you so much.

Labels