Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

San Diego, CA

Welcome to the San Diego User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Q2 2019 SDAUG Meeting Recap and Recording

zazil
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone!

In case you missed it, or just need a refresh, here is the recap of our Q2 2019 meeting.  Pluralsight represented and showed the power of Alteryx and some awesome ways it can be used - from using it for data integration, process automation and even how it can be customized to enhance built-in functions to suit our needs.

Here is the summary of what was covered:

• Whitney Fee (Pluralsight):
    Using Alteryx as a data integrator: This presentation will cover a project taking data from Salesforce, building a file by condensing with Alteryx tools, loading into Anaplan (via API/Download tool) and alerting via Slack of success/failures when job runs.
  • Bobby Marks (Pluralsight):
    Replacing the standard Salesforce Connector so that it used the Salesforce REST API instead of the BULK API, which has strict limits compared to the REST API.
  • Zazil Albaro (Pluralsight):
    Transaction Processing Automation with Alteryx: Overview of a series of workflows that run in sequence to query and insert data from/to Cloudera/Hadoop, insert, update and query the Salesforce REST API, update the Zuora API using a macro with the download tool, and alerting via Slack of successes and failures throughout the process.

Aaaand here is the recording...  Side note: I realize now that the whole room could not be heard.  We will make sure to repeat questions into the mic next time!

Thanks and see you at the next one!
- Zazil and Whitney

IMG_0248.JPGIMG_0246.JPGIMG_0250.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
zazil
8 - Asteroid

@edunn Sorry for the delay - some technical difficulties had to be overcome!  Here you go!

edunn
5 - Atom

@zazil No worries!! Thank you so much! I know my team would greatly appreciate it! :) 

Enjoy your maternity leave and congrats!