Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Salt Lake City, UT

Welcome to the Salt Lake City User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

core certification

ncd
5 - Atom

Does anyone have any good suggestions or links to study that are directly related to the practical portions of the core test.  I need some practical experience that focuses on those areas and not sure where to look for specifics being new to Alteryx.  I have been through the interactive training for all the core tools.  Anything would be appreciated!

Thanks, 

4 REPLIES 4
bhawkes03
6 - Meteoroid

The Weekly Challenges really helped me learn a lot of different ways to solve problems in Alteryx. For the practical questions in the Core test, I remember using a summarize tool for almost every one of them. If I were you, I would go to the Weekly Challenges page and try and find problems that you'll need to use the summarize tool for.

Also, I would recommend simply taking the test and seeing what the questions are like. That way, you can study more specifically for the types of questions that they ask.

BrettR
7 - Meteor

Weekly challenges are a great way to build skills. Also make sure you scroll through the multiple solutions that people post for each challenge. It's interesting to see how many different ways you can solve a problem.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Weekly-Challenge-Index-amp-Welcome/td-p/48275

ncd
5 - Atom

So is there a way to sort through the weekly challenges for those that would be beneficial for the core exam, there are a lot of them out there, I see the labels but still not sure without spending a lot of time searching through them, for those that would apply  more directly to practical exam questions?

BrettR
7 - Meteor

Start with beginner level challenges. 

Focus on data preparation, parsing, analysis.

Spatial, apps, macros won't be in the core certification.