Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Salt Lake City, UT

Welcome to the Salt Lake City User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Welcome to the Salt Lake City Alteryx User Group!

Arianna_Fuller
7 - Meteor

Hello Salt Lake City!

I'm excited to announce the launch of the Salt Lake City User Group. Please take a moment to answer the questions below to help introduce yourself to the team. 

1. What is your name and industry you work in?
  2. How do you currently use Alteryx? 
  3. What do you do on the weekends?
  4. What do you hope to gain by getting involved in a User Group?

Details of our first event will be posted in the near future. If you are interested in getting involved or have a topic you want to see highlighted in a future event, please comment below or PM me.

Welcome to the group, and I look forward to getting to know each of you. 

Arianna

9 REPLIES 9
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Awesome Arianna - can I join as a temporary member?

Sean "Stretch" Adams - work in Finance

1. How do you currently use Alteryx? 

Incessantly

1. What do you do on the weekends?

Currently focussed on the flight out to Inspire London this weekend.    Also been quite taken by reading "Creating more effective graphs" by Naomi B Robbins" last weekend.

1. What do you hope to gain by getting involved in a User Group?

support the growth of great people and great ideas - and learn from the brilliant ideas of people working in other areas.

JosephAdjei
5 - Atom

Yay! SLC user group!

1 Joseph "Data Lord" Adjei

2. All Day Err Day

3. Alteryx of Course (jk. Spending time with the fam)

4. Learn some cool stuff and meet cool people

JoshKushner
12 - Quasar

I'm so excited we have an SLC User Group!!

• Name: Josh Kushner
    • Industry: Finance/Banking
    • I currently use Alteryx on a daily basis
    • Summer: Netflix, Camping, Hiking, Time with Friends
    • Winter: Netflix, Attend the Symphony Orchestra, Travel, Time with Friends (inside)
    • Netflix: It's a problem... lol
    • I hope to meet more excited Alteryx users in my local area. Maybe we can all hang out and code sometime. (Alteryx Trivia maybe?)
samHalenBiggs
5 - Atom
    1. Sam "Halen" Biggs
    2. Advertising
    1. ETL processes. Feeding clean data from multiple sources into Tableau. Predictive analytics.
    1. I try to do something creative.. Play music and write. Exercise.
    1. Get a pulse on what people are working on. Learn something. Teach something.
TuvyL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Arianna has already planned out dates for the quarterly AUG meetings! Hopefully we can get you all out to the next one. Announcements will be coming, but for now, mark your cals for March 8th! :) I'm looking at you, @JoshKushner!

Tuvy Le
Manager, Community ACE Program
danielreedsmith
7 - Meteor

Hi Arianna,

Thanks for starting this group, I was able to attend last years conference and they didn't have a user group then so I am glad to see this is getting going here in Utah. I please keep me in the loop on this user group events I would like to be involved.

1. What is your name and industry you work in? Dan Smith, Banking
  2. How do you currently use Alteryx? Daily in my current role as a Data and Analytics Strategy Consultant
  3. What do you do on the weekends? Watch my cute grandbaby, hang with my wife and work on my PhD in Data Science.
  4. What do you hope to gain by getting involved in a User Group? I would love to gleen best practices. I am new to Alteryx, so I would love to pick the brain or others, figure out better practices, or hear about other use cases to apply in my work (or my PhD research).

Dan

curtis-harris
5 - Atom

Hi all, glad to be here! 

• Curtis Harris - I work at Pluralsight as a lead analytics engineer for product experience. 
    • Currently using Alteryx as a primary ETL tool, taking data from a variety of sources and pushing to a centralized database or Tableau Server. Also using Alteryx for personal projects, as a way to build a background in data science. 
    • Spend most of my weekends with family, but love to play basketball in the cold months and love to golf in the warm months. Planning on taking up hiking and mountain biking this summer as well. 
    • I also waste a lot of my spare time using Tableau and Alteryx for non-work projects. 
    • https://public.tableau.com/profile/curtis.harris#!/
    • themarkscard.com
    • Always enjoy making connections with like-minded people in my area. As I'm just starting out with Alteryx, a user group could also be a great way to learn new concepts that I would have never known existed before. 
    • I would LOVE if we could get into this year's Grand Prix!
TuvyL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @curtis-harris:

Welcome to the SLC User Group! We're hoping to have a Q1 meeting in March, so keep an eye out for the announcement :) I'm also cheering for you guys to compete in the Grand Prix! 

Tuvy Le
Manager, Community ACE Program
danielreedsmith
7 - Meteor

Excellent! I'm looking forward to it.

Dan