Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Salt Lake City, UT

Welcome to the Salt Lake City User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

SOLVED

Getting rolling in the back half of 2019. Meeting in November?

alexrose13
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everyone!

I’m relatively new to the community, but I’d love to get together with some fellow solvers. Are there plans to get something set up? If not, I’d be happy to take the lead on getting something going.

Who would be interested in meeting in mid November?

Thanks!

Alex

12 REPLIES 12
TerryT
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Any further details on when / where?  I am starting to look into booking travel / accommodations.

alexrose13
6 - Meteoroid

Hey @TerryT! I'm working through those details with @CatherineM. We will have some info soon!

alexrose13
6 - Meteoroid

Here are the latest details! I'm working on getting an Eventbrite page up soon. In the interim here are the details for the event:

When: Friday, November 22nd. From 2 pm to 3:30 pm

Where: University of Utah, Robert H. and Katharine B. Garff Building, Room 2335 (second floor)

Street Address: 1731 E Campus Center Dr, Salt Lake City, UT 84112

Where to park: Parking is available across the street in parking lot 12 (located at the bottom of the map)

Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 5.29.41 PM.png

Agenda:

• Introductions (15 Min):
    • Each attendee should come prepared to introduce themselves and speak a bit about their experience/aspirations with Alteryx. Sharing information about current projects is encouraged.
  • Team competition: Alteryx Weekly Challenges (40 Minutes):
    • After getting to know each other we will form up teams (based on skill) and tackle one of the Alteryx Community Challenges.
      • We will have two "tracks" one for more experienced users, and one for more novice users.
    • Team formation
    • Weekly Challenge completed in teams
      • I'll announce which challenges we will be attempting during the event itself.
    • Our community reps have provided us with a few Swag prizes for the winning teams
  • User group business (15 Min):
    • I wanted to invest a few minutes getting to know what you are all most hoping to get out of our interactions going forward. I thought it would be useful to do a brainstorming/level setting activity along those lines. More details to come.
  • Networking and refreshments (30 Min):
    • We will reserve some time for networking at the end of our time together. We will start it off with a brief structured networking activity. The remainder of the time will be reserved for unstructured networking and light refreshments.

I hope to see you all there!

Once I have an RSVP ready Eventbrite page ready, I'll post it.

If you have any feedback on the agenda, feel free to share!

Thank you!