Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Research Triangle, NC

Welcome to the Research Triangle User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Q2 2016 Raleigh-Durham User Group

jack_morgan
9 - Comet

Hello Everyone,

Inspire season is here...can you believe it! I personally thought our last user group meeting was a blast and a huge thanks to John and @AndyMoncla for agreeing to talk about their success!

With all that said, we do have a date in mind for our next meeting:

UPDATED DATE

When: Thursday, June 16th 14th, 2016 from 4:00p to 6:00p

Where: The Frontier (Room to TBD) The Classroom

Save the date! More to come,

RDU User Group Leaders

6 REPLIES 6
LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I hope you all have a fantastic meeting tonight! Great job coordinating @jack_morgan and @kristenbedore!

chris_limerick
5 - Atom

Thanks to all who attended last night...was great to get to know you all at my first meeting.  Great job to Taylor on presenting his Adobe Analytics Connector Toolkit (check it out here) and I liked the mock Grand Prix format.  Looking forward to future meetings!

Cheers,

Chris

jack_morgan
9 - Comet

Thank you to everyone that came to the meeting last night. It's clear that we have an amazing amount of knowledge in our user group!!

We had awesome input and discussion around new features coming to later versions of Alteryx including,

• Data Profiling
  • Point Caching
  • Reporting Redesign
  • Shepherding
  • A New Formula Tool

We were lucky enough to have a guest speaker yesterday, Taylor Cox @Coxta45 from BCBSNC that dove into the traditionally-feared Adobe Analytics API. The walkthrough he did was a testament to the true passion that we see in Alteryx users in our area. From the UI to the documentation on "How-To" both in the app and the README.txt (yes...read it), the app is well thought out and makes an otherwise "impossible" task, much more manageable. Go here to download the amazing app that he put together, who knows @Alteryx_Blogger may decide to utilize the tool in a future blog or release of Alteryx!

At this user group we had a blast with a mock up Grand Prix with the data from the Grand Prix Qualifying Round and it was very cool to see how many different ways you can get to the same result in Alteryx. In groups of 4-5, we spent 50 minutes going through the use cases to see who came out on top. Based on point totals, @kristenbedore@Hollingsworth, and @mpate took the win! Great job, everyone!

Chris Scott from the RDU Tableau User group was also in attendance and we're actively working with them to get a summer meet and greet together for the 2 groups. As I said yesterday, we all have the love of data in common, so why not have a few beers while talking about it?

A final shout out to @Anna_dup_38 to talking about the amazing partnership with Alteryx + Udacity. Don't forget that the first 3 courses are available for free, so give it a shot!

We'll wait to get through the rest of the summer before holding another formal user group (aside from a potential BBQ).

Thanks all, have a great summer!

AUG RDU Leaders

Coxta45
11 - Bolide

Thanks for the shoutout, @jack_morgan.  Kudos are always very much appreciated!  I really enjoyed the meeting last night and am looking forward to our next one.  

Taylor

pdalalau
5 - Atom

Are there any updates on user group meetings coming up in the triangle?  I'm just starting to get familiarized with Alteryx and was hoping to get some feedback from local users.

Or I helped to coordinate the a meeting space, snacks, etc, would anyone be interested in participating?

Paul

LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @pdalalau, appreciate the comment. The group can use the help, is it alright if I schedule some time to meet with you next week? I help provide Alteryx support and resources for the User Groups world wide. Feel free to DM me with your email.