Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Research Triangle, NC

Welcome to the Research Triangle User Group

Click in the JOIN GROUP button to follow our news and attend our events!

Q1 2021 Meeting Announcement

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Happy New Year, Research Triangle NC User Group!

If you are like me, the past year has seemed like a modern retelling of the Bill Murray classic, “Groundhog Day”. The days seemed to run together and the passing of time was often hard to perceive.

Therefore, for our first User Group of 2021, we thought it would be good to set some Alteryx goals for the year. This way, we can all send a message to our brains that time is, in fact, passing and that we are going to do something constructive with it!

So between now and our meeting on February 17th, be thinking of what skills or goals you might want to achieve related to Alteryx, and let’s share them together. The Alteryx suite of software is growing so there is likely something new that you haven’t worked with yet. Or maybe you want to set a goal to finish all of the Weekly Challenges by the end of the year. Or maybe you want to evangelize Alteryx throughout your organization. Whatever your vision, come share it and get advice from others who have already walked down that path.

Another theme of 2020 was being stuck. We were stuck in front of our webcams on never-ending zoom calls. We were stuck on our couches streaming the last movie on Netflix. We were stuck at our dining tables because restaurants were closed. Well, 2021 is a new year and we’d like to kick it off by getting anyone who is stuck . . . unstuck.

So if you have a workflow, macro, or app that you are struggling with and don’t mind sharing with the group, let’s do some live solving! Our in-house Alteryx ACE, John Hollingsworth, will virtually look over your shoulder while you share your screen. Along with the rest of our hive mind, we will help you troubleshoot whatever is getting between you and the finish line.

In order for us to have a great session, please post in the comments below if you would like to participate in the live solve That way we will know going into the meeting who will be sharing and you will know if you’ve been chosen. That way, you will have time to anonymize your data or otherwise protect any sensitive information.

Even if you aren’t stuck, but still want to know how to do something in Alteryx, post that as well. If no one is stuck, then we will pick one or more of those ideas and build a solution in real-time.

Research Triangle User Group Leaders

John Hollingsworth
Clear Channel Outdoor
5 REPLIES 5
LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Friends!

If you are looking to register, here is the link!

Date: 2/17

Time: 4pm - 5:30pm

https://pages.alteryx.com/usergroup-rtp-nc-feb.html

To kick things off, one thing I would like to accomplish this year is to attempt at the core certification. It's been a goal of mine for quite some time. Maybe I can use you guys as my accountability buddies to make sure it gets done. 😉

SGolnik
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

My goal for this year is to pass the Advanced Certification test. Batch macros are not my friend!!

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Here is the SafeImport macro that was discussed during the session.

John Hollingsworth
Clear Channel Outdoor
LaurenU
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Great meeting! And thank you to @Hollingsworth , @SGolnik , and @cdcruz for hosting! 

Like John said, the leaders want to make sure that future meetings stay fresh and relevant. I want to help them out by asking you all to take 5 minutes to fill out this survey: 

https://www.research.net/r/BQCNGMP

Please select "Other" and type in "RTP".

Looking forwarding to hearing from you and see you at the next one!

cdcruz
8 - Asteroid

Excellent meeting.  Looking forward to more meetings with sharing best practices.

Conrad