Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to input multiple different excel sheets for use in alteryx gallery

Kate
7 - Meteor

Im fairly new to alteryx so hopefully this is a simple one.  I have a gallery app that links to many different worksheets in the same excel file.  Is there a way to do this without connecting to each sheet individually ( as the dynamic input tool cannot be used)?

4 REPLIES 4
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Kate

You will need to use a tool called the batch macro. I would suggest looking at this article as it describes reading in multiple sheets at one time into Alteryx.

Please let me know fi you have anymore questions.

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant 

Kate
7 - Meteor

Hi Jordan

My understanding was that macros would not work when published in alteryx gallery?  I need my app to be able to be run without having alteryx installed.

I can achieve what i need with a dynamic input tool (attached) but again am unable to publish to gallery with this setup. at the moment I have an input file for each sheet which is pretty clunky for the end user so if there is a way to do this it would be great

Cheers

Kate

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Kate

You can upload a macro within an application to the Alteryx Gallery, however I have taken a look at your workflow and I was thinking you could potentially go down this route (Workflow attached - built in Alteryx 10.6). 

I have used the file browse as the interface, but used the formula tool to dynamically rename the file path and then used the dynamic input to read in all the sheets. The only requirement is the end user select "list of  sheet names" when running the application. 

You can still keep your filters in the workflow but you will need to do this after the formula tool.

Please let me know if this does not make sense.

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant 

evilla
7 - Meteor

Thanks for sharing JordanB! This was helpful

Labels