Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using List Box To Feed Input / Feed Into Text Entry Box / Something

SOLVED
brian_scott
Asteroid

I must be missing something easy. 

I need to give the user a set of options.  The choose one or more values from the list.  I've tried a lot of combinations and they all bonk, sometimes allowing the tool to give me ridiculous error messages.  Here is what I have tried:

1. Populating a list box, then pushing down to a text entry box.   Trying to join full result set with replaced value in text box.  In this case, I do not have the options to allow for multiple inputs at assign time in the action; i.e., if I don't know if the user will select one or twenty checkboxes, I cannot attach to [c1], [c2]....  Also didn't seem to work in any case if I only choose one value.  (see textBoxFails.yxwz) 
  2. Populating a list box, then attaching to a filter and attempting to filter out from entire result set from standard input.  (see filterFail.yxwz)
  3. Populating a dynamic input box and replacing a where clause to push in the choices made by the user. Never any output in the log, despite the fact that I know I am selecting valid values.  (cannot publish example to my data source)

This has to be easy and I have to be missing something.  Help me, gurus, you're my only hope.

brian

• Interface Tools
Alteryx Certified Partner

here is some quick help for you....

I use a manual list of values and then apply those selected boxes to a filter.

Capture.png

The configuration for the check boxes is to create a list of values such that it can replace 'XYZ' in the filter.

Capture.png

Cheers,

Mark

ACE & Alteryx Certified Partner
Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.
brian_scott
Asteroid

Hi Mark - 

You save me, once again!  Your solution works as advertised and brings happiness into my Monday morning.  Thank you! 

I'm glad to lend you a helping hand.

Happy emoji day,
Mark
ACE & Alteryx Certified Partner
Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.