Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Start a workflow using the Windows Task Scheduler

Caezar
5 - Atom

Hi,
Is possible starts a WorkFlow through a command inside a Batch File?
I Want start a workflow automaticaly in a period scheduled in Windows Task Scheduler, so for this I beleive that I need a batch file.

2 REPLIES 2
RodL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Yes, you would use the AlteryxEngineCmd.exe process, however you do need to have licensing for that functionality.

Here is a good link that talks through some of the questions.

TarasG
5 - Atom

Yeah, if your license includes command line usage (yes, seriously). https://help.alteryx.com/current/index.htm#Command_Line.htm

Alternitively, if your license includes Alteryx Scheduler, it comes with some freebies like error logging and whatnot you'd need to add to your batch script, also supports 'easily' scheduling workflows from your desktop machine to a dedicated scheduler box, though all the usual problems of running the same alteryx flow on another machine (dependancy management, data source name consistancy, path consistancy, permissions) all apply.

Labels