Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Standard Macros within a Standard Macro

SureshO
5 - Atom

Hi, 

I have built 2 standard macros A & B. 

Macro A : 

- Takes 2 input streams 

- sends processed output (1 output stream)

Macro B :

- takes the output from A (single input)

- generates processed output. (single output stream)

When I use them in a workflow it works just fine. (The expected number of rows is 3 )

But, When I clubbed them in to a new Standard Macro C, with these macros A & B, the output generated is different (with 15 rows) and Macro C behaves as if it is a "Batch Macro". 

I welcome any clues?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
andrewdatakim
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Your going to want to check a few things:

Under workflow configuration check the workflow tab in your C workflow. Your "Type" should show Macro, but you will need to check for "Standard Macro" in the dropdown box. *If you cannot change it, its because you are using a Control Parameter tool in one of your macros (A,B), swap it for a "Macro Input" tool and that should allow you to select Standard Macro in the C workflow. 

If you are trying to chain and you would like error free execution in the first macro before the second is executed you can use an "Error Message" tool in Macro A which will halt the process if its grabbing the data wrong. Another option is the Runner macros from the Crew Macro collection (http://www.chaosreignswithin.com/). 

The final thing I would check is the Input/Output tools in the macros if you are using the text option to feed in the data format you may have additional rows and columns selected. Just delete them out and this may solve your problem.

Labels