Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Show user full result

patrickk79
7 - Meteor

Is there a way to show the users a complete and browse-able result set, instead of a sample?  

Untitled.png

I tried saving as an html file.  But that created a file to download and open, rather than simply allowing the user to browse the result right there in the web browser.

Any suggestions?  Is there a tool I'm missing?

3 REPLIES 3
DanC

Hi @patrickk79,

Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, you cannot view the entire set of results without downloading the file. One reason for this is that if all of the results can be browsed, there is the potential for huge temp files to be created. So, if there are multiple Gallery users running many workflows, and if these workflows have large outputs, the temp drive space could get filled up rather quickly.

Thank you,

Dan

Dan Chapman
Program Manager, Customer Support
New to the community? Get started here.
patrickk79
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the response.  It's a little disappointing, but I've accepted the response as the solution.

Since the .yxdb file appears to already be created (in order to display the sample), would there really be any extra temp drive space consumed in the proposed scenario?

DanC

Hi @patrickk79,

I'm sorry that you are disappointed, but I understand. You can always submit your suggestion to the Ideas Section of our Community.

Regarding the records that appear as a sample, only a partial dataset is returned. This is similar to the in-tool browse feature in the Designer, where only a sample of the records are kept in memory for each tool.

Thanks again, Patrick.

Dan Chapman
Program Manager, Customer Support
New to the community? Get started here.