Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Sharepoint List Output Error: The server does not allow messages larger than 2097152 bytes

ashleychen2737
6 - Meteoroid

I have a workflow that is appending 9 records to a sharepoint list. The workflow runs all the way until the Sharepoint List Output tool. The error is below. Has anyone found a solution for this?

sharepoint error.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ashleychen2737,

It seems this is the Designer reporting back a Sharepoint error (some information here) where there is a limit on the amount of data you can upload. Is is possible to shrink the data at all?

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
ashleychen2737
6 - Meteoroid

Unfortunately we require all the columns. I was able to find a temporary solution by using block until done and only outputting a record at a time. That seemed to work however, I'm now getting a whole new error. I now get this error. It sometimes occurs on all of my outputs and other times it occurs on one but not the others.

Capture.PNG

chrisdinKansas
5 - Atom

I realize it's been a while since this question was posed but I ran into the same problem - the solution for me was crazy ridiculous and I only tried it after all else failed - use Data Cleansing to remove all leading and trailing whitespace and my upload to SharePoint ran without throwing any errors.

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps

cborges
5 - Atom

Amazing. This worked perfectly !! KUDOOS KUDOOS!!!

aehrenwo
11 - Bolide

I tried this and some of my records still seem to be failing. I have one column that includes an email address that is loaded into a column with a People Picker setting. 

I know I have filtered all the Inactive people out of the list but somehow there are still people without a SharePoint profile from my list of over 2000.  Does that logging in Allteryx say which data caused the error specifically or do I literally have to go line by line to find where it ended (the last successful line that got loaded)?

Regards,

Adam

ashleychen2737
6 - Meteoroid

I had to test each field individually. Sometimes it turned out to be a datatype or size limitation. 

ashleychen2737
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Sophia,

I only had 9 records with a limited number of columns. I checked both Sharepoint and alteryx, and the number of bytes was minimal

Labels