Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Render from CREW Streetview

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

I am trying to output the results of the CREW Street View widget as a PDF or PNG.  The problem is, they only output as HTML, and I can't convert them.  I was hoping to use the HTML5 Render, but I don't know HTML or Javascript.  Does anyone have a solution or a direction they could point me in?

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

6 REPLIES 6
JeradR
Alteryx
Alteryx

@StephenR - Giving this a bump because it's a great idea!  There is a Street View API that my get you what you need: Google Street View API

SophiaF
Alteryx
Alteryx

@StephenR - I had some time to play around with this on the weekend; per @JeradR's suggestion, I made a macro that lets you connect to the Google Street View API and save them as images. 

workflow.png

Here's the configuration of the macro:

config.png

After selecting Lat and Lon fields, you can also specify the width and height. The API requires an API key which you can read how to get here, but it seems if you leave it blank it works just as nicely, and you don't hit any rate limits :)

Lastly, and most importantly, you will want to specify where you would like to save all the images, and give it a name. Make sure to type in .png or .jpg (based on your preference).

results.png

You can see from the results, that whatever you specify in the template portion (test.png) will become the base of your filename. For each record, one image will be downloaded to the folder you chose

I attached the macro and a sample workflow.

Sophia Fraticelli
Senior Solutions Architect
Alteryx, Inc.
JeradR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Great work, @SophiaF!

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

This is really great!  I just went in and added the heading into the macro because I need that to output exactly what I'm looking at.  

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

Meenatchiv
5 - Atom

Hi,

I tried using your macro but got an error as in "File format not supported" when opening the image that got downloaded in the folder(for both '.jpg' and '.png' formats). Can you please help me?

Thanks,

Meenatchi

mcarson1222
5 - Atom

What change did you make to the macro? I'm having the same issue where I can output an image file but am unable to open the results. I get this error when I try to open either a jpeg or png

"Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because the file appears to be damaged, corrupted, or is too large"

Labels